|"Anger over immigration, globalisation and exploitations trigger a rapid increase in hostility towards foreigners worldwide. Countries heavily fortify their borders - significantly reducing the amount of cross border traffic worldwide.|
On a positive note, border guards get to shout "You shall not pass"..."
— Plague Inc., Xenophobia introduction paragraph
Xenophobia is a scenario.
This scenario will cause a country to immediately fortify its land borders and close its airports and docks once the disease has been spotted, reducing the likelihood of the pathogen spreading to that country. To bypass this, use the ability Trojan Planes if playing as the Neurax Worm, or the gene Suppression for more general gameplay.
This scenario is similar to Shut Down Everything, except that the country fortifies the area instead of shutting it down. The number of ships and planes throughout the game gradually decreases until the end, which makes it increasingly hard to infect countries such as Greenland and Madagascar.
Fungus' Spore Burst abilities can also bypass country borders with ease, but the countries infected are random, so use this trait with caution. However, if used with Spore Burst, countries can randomly be infected, so a recommended gene for Fungus is Patho-Stasis.
- Xenophobia is an irrational fear of the outside world.
- Xenophobic people are called Xenophobes, and they typically are considered to be anti-diversity.
- The description quote 'You Shall Not Pass..." is a direct reference to the famous quote made by the character Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, the quote being one of the most famous from the movie.
|Scenarios in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc. Evolved|
|▪ Artificial Organs ▪ Black Death ▪ Created Equal ▪ Fake News ▪ Flight Club|
▪ Frozen Virus▪ Global Warming ▪ Golden Age ▪ Ice Age
▪ Mad Cow Disease ▪ Mirror Earth ▪ Nipah Virus ▪ Pirate Plague ▪ Santa's Little Helper
▪ Science Denial ▪ Shut Down Everything ▪ Smallpox ▪ Sovereign Default
▪ Swine Flu ▪ Teleportation ▪ Ultimate Board Games ▪ Unknown Origin ▪ Volcanic Ash
▪ Who Cares ▪ Where Is Everyone? ▪ Xenophobia ▪ Custom Scenarios