|"Massive volumes of volcanic ash are ejected into the atmosphere from major volcanic eruptions. The majority of flights worldwide are grounded, changing the way that people travel.|
Does this cloud have a silver lining?"
— Plague Inc., Volcanic Ash introduction paragraph
Volcanic Ash is a scenario. It is similar to Pirate Plague, except that it doesn't affect boats. In this scenario, there are a lot less planes than in normal gameplay due to an increase in volcanic eruption, resulting in dangerous air conditions. This makes the Air 1 and 2 abilities less useful, requiring a change in strategy.
- Using Spore Bursts, the player can get their Fungus over to other countries without having to wait for boats.
- C. America is a great place to start, as you will rely more on boats. In addition to this, this country has a very popular Seaport.
- The Special Plagues are mostly unaffected by this, allowing for more flexible strategy planning.
- Unlike Pirate Plague, travel to Greenland is not inhibited by this scenario at all due to the fact that the elusive island country only has a seaport. Countries can also be infected via ground-based routes.
|Scenarios in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc. Evolved|
|▪ Artificial Organs ▪ Black Death ▪ Created Equal ▪ Fake News ▪ Flight Club|
▪ Frozen Virus▪ Global Warming ▪ Golden Age ▪ Ice Age
▪ Mad Cow Disease ▪ Mirror Earth ▪ Nipah Virus ▪ Pirate Plague ▪ Santa's Little Helper
▪ Science Denial ▪ Shut Down Everything ▪ Smallpox ▪ Sovereign Default
▪ Swine Flu ▪ Teleportation ▪ Ultimate Board Games ▪ Unknown Origin ▪ Volcanic Ash
▪ Who Cares ▪ Where Is Everyone? ▪ Xenophobia ▪ Custom Scenarios