IG Factbook: "The United Kingdom has historically played a leading role in developing parliamentary democracy and in advancing literature and science. At its zenith in the 19th century, the British Empire stretched over one-fourth of the earth's surface. The first half of the 20th century saw the UK's strength seriously depleted in two world wars. The second half witnessed the dismantling of the Empire and the UK rebuilding itself into a modern European nation. As one of five permanent members of the UN Security Council and a founding member of NATO and the Commonwealth, the UK pursues a global approach to foreign policy. The UK is also an active member of the EU, although it chose to remain outside the Economic and Monetary Union. The Scottish Parliament, the National Assembly for Wales, and the Northern Ireland Assembly were established in 1999. The latter was suspended until May 2007 due to wrangling over the peace process, but devolution was fully completed in March 2010."
The UK will send and receive airplanes from Canada, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, Egypt, India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Indonesia, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Saudi Arabia, and the USA.
- The UK has a weakness in-game apart from its seaports and airports.
- Before 2016, in the UK there was an event called The London Olympics (then the Rio Olympics, and now the Tokyo Olympics) can cause an infected population of a couple hundred if at least Drug Resistance 1 is evolved soon enough after a message that formerly read "London Olympics back on!"
- In various news headlines it is said that "The computer games industry is growing in the UK" and "Fracking also may become legal in the UK", although this does not affect the game.
- Another event called "Brexit" was also implemented in this country, which is about the UK exit from the European Union. This has four possibilities to finish: Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit and Brutal Brexit are the end of the event that if we follow the instructions of these achievements. The player will cause the UK to close its ports, airports and land borders, if we infect approximately one million people in this country. The last end is No Brexit, which if we do not intervene in this event, UK will cancel the Brexit and nothing will happen out of the ordinary.
- Even though the UK owns Ireland in the base game, achievements show the UK without Ireland.
- In the Original City Cam Image, only a few buildings and the Thames River are actually in the photo, but not the bridge, which was edited for the Game's City Cam.
- If the player starts in this country in the Fake News scenario, the player can unlock the Loch Ness Monster achievement, which refers to a popular legend in Scotland.
- There is a random event on Cure Mode about a man named Clive Tomlison from Ipswich, England in which he proclaims himself to be the "King of Toilet Paper". This event is achieved if the global priority is between 8 and 20. In addition, the percentage of deaths in the world must be more than 0.002%. Additionally the percentage of infected in the UK must be more than 0.001% and also the percentage of deaths must be more than 0.1%.
|UK Country Card with the cities of London, Cardiff, Bristol & Edinburgh|
Territory: 241,930 (km2)
Population: 64,51 (m)
Resources: $2,988 (bn)
|Countries in Plague Inc.|
|Africa||Algeria ▪ Angola ▪ Botswana ▪ Egypt ▪ Libya ▪ Madagascar ▪ Morocco ▪ South Africa ▪ Sudan ▪ Zimbabwe ▪ Central Africa ▪ East Africa ▪ West Africa|
|Asia||Afghanistan ▪ China ▪ India ▪ Indonesia ▪ Iran ▪ Iraq ▪ Japan ▪ Kazakhstan ▪ Korea ▪ Pakistan ▪ Philippines ▪ Saudi Arabia ▪ Central Asia ▪ Middle East ▪ S.E Asia|
|Europe||Finland ▪ France ▪ Germany ▪ Iceland ▪ Italy ▪ Norway ▪ Poland ▪ Russia ▪ Spain ▪ Sweden ▪ Turkey ▪ UK ▪ Ukraine ▪ Balkan States ▪ Baltic States ▪ Central Europe|
|North America||Canada ▪ Greenland ▪ Mexico ▪ USA ▪ C. America ▪ Caribbean|
|South America||Argentina ▪ Bolivia ▪ Brazil ▪ Colombia ▪ Peru|
|Oceania||Australia ▪ New Guinea ▪ New Zealand|