|The following are strategies for the Shadow Plague plague type. Please read the Wiki Rules, before adding a strategy, tips and Q&A here. If you want to write new strategies, please use this page.|
- 1 Strategy 1
- 2 Strategy 2
- 3 Strategy 3
- 4 Strategy 4
- 5 Strategy 5
- 6 Strategy 6
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Strategy 7
- 9 Strategy 8
- 10 Strategy 9 (Mega Brutal with Shadow Blessing)
- 11 Stradegy 10
- 12 Tips
- Author: Pravus Gaming
Destroy the following countries: Greenland, Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, Finland, Botswana, Sweden, Libya, Australia, and New Guinea. This kills 63,641,261 people (0.89 percent of world), but destroys 71 laboratories (20.88 percent of world). If the cure is still too fast, destroy Canada as well.
Dealing with Templars
If you're lucky, sometimes there will be fewer Templar bases, and they will be built near your vampire.
Edit Note: To deal with Templar bases it is best to destroy the bases in countries with higher populations first, as the countries with lower populations take more damage as the population of the country dwindles. Iceland and Greenland are the two best choices for Templar bases, as these two countries have the lowest population.
The Strategy Guide
This will work on all difficulties (but this one is originated from Mega Brutal) as for the most time you will not use a disease.
- Teracyte - Airports and Seaports are replaceable by your bat!
- Extremophile - The ultimate environment genes!
[Recommended Vampire Genes]
- Mad Scientist
- Socially Awkward Bat
3. Start in Greenland. Soon, you'll see why.
6. Once Greenland's population has been depleted of all life, move to its neighbor, Iceland. Start a Blood Rage there.
7. Templar Defense Industries (TDI, for short) may start to notice your onslaught against humanity by now. Do not move away from Iceland until you have evolved Demonic Fury. After you've evolved Demonic Fury, pause the game and read the next step. (If you feel lucky, then go ahead and kill them all without Demonic Fury) If you've wiped out Iceland but still need to save up DNA points, I recommend going to the UK. It’s got plenty of population, so it’s a good rebound.
8. Attack the nearest TDI base. Blood Rage it. Move on to the next nearest TDI base. Repeat. And when your vampire is low on health, Blood Rage a country without a TDI near a TDI country. Be quick—Travel Speed I is advised. TDI bases get stronger by the second.
9. You should be at your final TDI base by the time you are reading this. Destroying the TDI base will take several retreats and regenerations. Keep an eye on your DNA and Vampire Health meters (evolving Dark Ritual 2 is recommended by now). Patience is key.
10. After those TDI bases are finally eradicated, save up 400 DNA points. The symptoms and transmissions, on top of the lairs, will get expensive. Blood raging will take a lot of time. Grief India until you raise the 400 DNA points. Make sure to attack Iceland and the Caribbean until everyone there dies. This will take about half an hour.
11. Now time to plan the ultimate extinction and the end of the world.. Place lairs in: Central America, Turkey, and Indonesia. Unlock all abilities (except for lair bonuses and lair healing). The lairs are to teleport quickly to destroy WHO Laboratories before they can do anything to contribute to the cure progress.
12. Once everything is set, evolve Shadow Blessing, every transmission (except for Zoonotic Shift's chain), and evolve the following symptoms: Dark Pustules, Hypersensitivity, Malignant Pigmentation, Latent Adaptation, Pallor, Weeping Sores, Hyperdontia, Jugular Bite, Shadow Slaves, Muscular Hypotrophy and Masticatory Tension.
13. Always stay in flight, too. Fly to all uninfected countries (remember to prioritize island countries) and make sure to destroy any WHO Laboratories.
14. Congratulations. You've wasted at least an hour of your life completing the 'impossible'. Good job. The game is important to not only you, but to James and to our wiki. Thank you.
Rather than farming India, you could go and destroy 20.88% of their laboratories while killing off only 0.89% of their population by destroying the following top ten countries. Anyways, this is also a list of countries to target if you are anti-cure.
- Greenland (Lowest amount of people per laboratory—18,828)
- New Zealand
- Sweden (Last country with under 1,000,000 people per laboratory)
- New Guinea
- Baltic States
- Central Europe
- Zimbabwe (Last country with under 5,000,000 people per laboratory)
- South Africa
- Angola (Last country with under 7,500,000 people per laboratory)
- Middle east
- Central America
- Saudi Arabia
- Argentina (Last country with under 10,000,000 people per laboratory)
- Balkan States
- Turkey (Last country with under 15,000,000 people per laboratory)
- Central Asia
- Iran (Last country with under 20,000,000 people per laboratory)
- --- WORLD AVERAGE --- (20,954,541 people per laboratory)
- Central Africa
- Pakistan (Last country with under 50,000,000 people per laboratory)
- S. E. Asia (Last country with under 100,000,000 people per laboratory)
- East Africa
- West Africa
- India (Highest amount of people per laboratory—242,835,836)
Records using this strategy (with Mad Scientist, Socially Awkward Bat, Teracyte, Extremophile and Berserker)
- Score: 190,030
- Days: 2,257
- Cure %: 1%
- Biohazards: 5
- Author: DiseaseMaster7
- Note:This strategy is based off of Pravus Gamings strategy, composed for a faster Mega Brutal:
- Start in Greenland. Immediately evolve Night Wraith and Blood Rage.
- Start a Blood Rage in Greenland. Evolve Therianthropy as soon as you can. You'll need it in the future.
- Once Greenland has been cleared of human life, move to Iceland, and start a Blood Rage there. Evolve Dark Ritual 1.
- The Templars will begin to notice you shortly after you invade Iceland, or even before you finish Greenland off. Wait until they create their Bases.
- Once the Templar Bases have appeared on the map (indicated by a blue castle-like icon), immediately go after the Templar Base closest to you. Evolve Adrenal Surge when you can.
- Travel from country to country, wiping out the Templar Bases. When you get to the last Base, if you haven't already, evolve up to Shadow Blades and Demonic Fury. It's a toss-up as to what countries will have Templar Bases. The bases might be close together, far apart, or on islands. Evolve Lair and set up a Lair closest to the country housing the last Templar Base. You will have to retreat multiple times to your Lair to either heal or fight off a Templar Drone. Buy Lair Healing 1 if necessary.
- Once you kill off the last Templar Base, return to Iceland. Continue your interrupted Blood Rage until Iceland is devoid of human life.
- Move on to the Caribbean. Start a Blood Rage there, and don't do anything until all the humans have been killed off.
- Move to Madagascar and do the same there. When you can, place a Lair in the following countries: United States, Brazil, Central Africa, Central Europe, and China. If your first base is close to any of these countries, there's no need to plant an extra base there. Evolve Travel Speed 1 and 2. They'll come in handy later.
- Once Madagascar's been wiped clean, despite the cost of creating all the bases, you should have over 600 DNA Points. Fly to Australia, and while your vampire is in the air, evolve all of the Transmissions, including the Zoonotic Shift transmissions. Evolve Blood Gift, Dark Cloud, Shadow Trail, and Corrupted Air. Once you have the DNA Points, evolve Heat Tolerance, Anti-biotic Tolerance, and Cold Tolerance.
- Evolve Dark Pustules, and continue the symptom evolution until you get to Shadow Slaves. If you wish to use this strategy to unlock the Sadomasochist achievement, do not evolve this symptom.
- At this point, the WHO Laboratories will begin popping up. Eliminate the labs as soon as they pop up. Evolve Vampiric Awakening to create more Vampires. With all the Abilities and Transmissions purchased, the world will become rapidly infected. Plus, the Shadow Slaves symptom, if evolved, has a bonus effect: Thralls will work to destroy WHO Laboratories.
- Evolve Vampiric Awakening as many times as you wish. Also, evolve as many Symptoms as you want. It's very likely that you'll be able to unlock multiple achievements in the process.
- Congratulations. You've defeated the world through the Shadow Plague, and have unlocked the Vampire Master achievement. -DiseaseMaster7
- Author: Treehugger0123
- Note: Since Spicy's original guide (Found here ) repeatedly failed for me, I modified it somewhat until I found something that works. It's not the fastest strategy in the world, but it has higher odds of succeeding with 5 biohazards on Mega Brutal.
- Berserker—More people killed with Blood Rage.
- Socially Awkward Bat—Blood Rage started as soon as you enter a new country. These two will make things much faster.
- Suppression—More useful than Aquacyte because part of this strategy involves wiping out most of the islands anyway.
- Extremophile—You'll want the plague to spread fastest in whatever countries are top research contributors, and since that's randomized, a little in everything is better than all in one and nothing in everything else.
- Witch Doctor—More healing from lairs. This combined with the former two and max Dark Ritual (more on that later) will allow you to heal very quickly in laired countries.
Stage 1: The Beginning
This part is more or less the same as Spicy's.
- Start in East Africa.
- Evolve Blood Rage and Dark Ritual.
- Start Blood Rage and wait for the "Vampire feeding attracts attention in East Africa" popup.
- Evolve Therianthropy and fly to Zimbabwe.
- Evolve Night Wraith and Adrenal Surge.
- Continue evolving abilities until you get the "Blood Cult leader tracked in Zimbabwe" popup.
- Fly to Botswana.
- Evolve Lair
- Continue evolving abilities until you get the "Templar Industries reveals global vampire threat" popup. Note: Sometimes this will take long enough that you'll wipe out Botswana in the process. If this happens, fly to Central Africa before your vampire starves.
- Fly to Central Africa if you haven't already and wait for the "Templar Industries activate military protocols" popup. This is when their military bases will appear scattered around the world.
Stage 2: Vampire vs. Templar
Here's where you need to start taking out these bases. Keep an eye out for any in or near these countries:
- Central Africa
- SE Asia
- Central Europe
We're gonna want to set up lairs in these countries later on, as doing so will put every country in the world within travel distance (assuming maxed flight) of a lair. So if any Templar bases spawned in or near these countries, save them for last because the lair will be useful to get to and from them quickly with Shadow Portal.
- Once you've narrowed down which one you'll save for last, pick another one and fly to it. Blood Rage should destroy it in seconds.
- If your Vampire is still at at least 3/4 health, fly to and destroy another base. If not, fly to one of those four countries, make a base there, and wait to heal. Then attack another base.
- Before going any further, evolve at least Shadow Blades, Demonic Fury, Shadow Portal, and Lair Healing I. Preferably, you should evolve Lair Healing II, Dark Ritual II, and Dark Infiltration before attacking a third base.
- Once you've taken down a third base, do not attack any others until you've evolved every ability in the Abilities section and set up bases in all four of the above mentioned countries. It's also recommended that you save in case your Vampire dies.
- Taking on bases from this point forward will have to be done in a "hit-and-run" style—your vampire will now take damage faster than the bases will, so you'll have to teleport back to a base every so often to heal. Once your health gets to around 1/4, that's your cue to fly back. It is not recommended that you have the game sped up for this part, as doing so will make it harder to have your Vampire retreat before it dies.
- Make sure you keep an eye out for drones, too. Fortunately, Socially Awkward Bat and Shadow Portal makes dealing with them insanely easy, as you can teleport to wherever they are and destroy them as soon as they enter.
- The last base will require some patience, as it will require a lot of back-and-forth between your target and the healing lair—sometimes up to 10 tries. If you have a lair in the country, you can safely teleport to any other lair and heal there, since Shadow Portal will allow you to teleport back instantly. If the closest lair isn't in the country but instead in a neighboring country, fly to that lair whenever you need to heal. With max Lair Healing and Dark Ritual, as well as the selected genes, you should just barely heal faster than the base. You can further decrease the needed time by using the active ability hotkey (which should be X) instead of clicking.
Stage 3: Preparation for the Plague
Once you've taken out all of the Templar bases, the next step is just eliminating the problem island countries that are a pain to spread to and racking up DNA for the next stage. In no particular order, fly to and eliminate these countries:
- New Zealand
- New Guinea
You don't need to worry about the vigilante popups or any emergency measures the countries are taking; the healing from Dark Ritual should be sufficient to heal faster than you take damage. Keep in mind that your Vampire will start to starve once a country is eliminated, so you'll need to be paying attention to not let your Vampire starve to death.
Once this is done, you should have at least 600 DNA points. If you don't, fly to Japan (of the remaining island countries, it is the most populated and has the most research facilities) and feed there until you do. Now to put them to use. It might be a good idea to save again before evolving Shadow Blessing.
Stage 4: Unleash the Plague
Once you've evolved Shadow Blessing, go to the Abilities page and purchase every ability that just unlocked, then go to the Transmissions page and evolve every transmission except Zoonotic Shift and anything linked to it—they increase the cure speed which isn't good. Then, go to the Symptoms and, in no particular order(you should have enough for all of these), evolve the following:
- Dark Pustules
- Malignant Pigmentation
- Latent Adaptation
- Weeping Sores
- Jugular Bite
- Shadow Slaves
- Muscular Hypotrophy
- Masticatory Tension
- Vampiric Awakening
If you have any leftover DNA, feel free to spend it on other infectivity-increasing symptoms.
Once this is done, things start to happen very fast.
- Fly to the remaining island countries—Japan (if you didn't fly there in the previous stage), Australia, and Indonesia—and infect them.
- Keep checking the World Map (E key) for what countries are the top research contributors. Fly to them using your Shadow Portals to make most of the journey and stay there until the country is at least half infected, then check the World Map for the new highest contributor and repeat the process.
- If any research labs pop up, immediately fly to them and destroy them.
- If a new Vampire spawns, go to the Disease menu and re-evolve Vampiric Awakening. Don't worry about letting the new Vampire heal up first—it'll heal from Dark Ritual and Socially Awkward Bat anyway, so you can just put it to work straight away, sending it to a runner-up research contributor.
- Eventually, every country will be overwhelmed and you'll have won.
- Author: N/A
- Shadow Genes: Frugal Researcher (optional)
- Travel Genes: Aquacyte (optional)
- Blood Genes: Brawler (required)
- Flight Genes: Budget Bat (required)
- Environment Genes: Extremophile (optional)
Starting Countries per Continent
- North America: USA or Canada
- South America: Brazil or Bolivia
- Oceania: Indonesia, New Guinea, New Zealand or Australia
- Asia: China, Kazakhstan or Central Asia
- Africa: Central Africa or East Africa
- Europe: Central Europe, Balkan States or Poland
- Start by evolving Lair, Night Wraith, Therianthropy and Blood Rage in that order.
- Place your first three lairs as soon as possible in any of the countries suggested above (maximum one per continent).
- Use all surplus DNA on evolving Adrenal Surge, Dark Infiltration, Shadow Blades & Demonic Fury.
- The Templar will most likely set up their HQs before you manage to evolve Shadow Blades.
- Once the Templar are active, evolve Dark Ritual 1 & Lair Healing 1.
- Take a note on how many HQs are activated. If they are more than 7, restart the game. You need 6 or 7 for this to work.
- Destroy the three or four (out of six or seven respectively) HQs that are the furthest away from any particular lair. You need to have one lair that is at least close enough to the last three remaining HQs. If they lairs spawn in an inconvenient spot, restart.
- Once you have only three HQs left, start doing hit 'n' run attack on all three without destroying any of them.
- Make sure you evolve Shadow Portal so that you can annihilate any drone attacks. All of your lairs must survive.
- Keep all three HQs in a close-to-death status. Once all three are below 20%, attack and destroy the furthest one away.
- Keep evolving the Blood Rage tree as soon as you can afford it.
- Continue performing hit 'n' run attacks on the remaining two lairs. Keeping them at low HP means that the airplanes arriving at them will not make their strength unbearable to deal with.
- Once both HQs are below 20%, destroy one of them.
- Finally, heal up and destroy the last one.
- Congrats! The HARD part is over. Let's move on to the BORING part.
- Maximize your Lairs and put one in each continent. You need to have a maximum of 6 in order to finish the game smoothly.
- Once your hubs are all set up, place your vampire in any of your six Lair countries, enable Blood Rage and start harvesting DNA.
- If the "Hunter Drones Released" or the "Special Forces Hunt Vampire" messages are listed in the country's profile, get the heck out! Your vampire might be randomly killed.
- Keep harvesting DNA and jumping from Lair to Lair until you have evolved every single Ability and you have stockpiled 700+ DNA on top of that.
- Once you have 700+ (half an hour of patience and boredom later), evolve the Shadow Blessing Symptom and evolve Vampiric Awakening so that you can send multiple vampires to any annoying islands.
- Evolve the new Abilities that were previously hidden and evolve every single Transmission at least once.
- Evolve all Symptoms up to, and including, Shadow Slaves.
- Use all freshly generated DNA to add additional symptoms. With some luck, you will have enough DNA in the end to not only win this but also unlock all the Shadow Plagues related combo achievements.
- Use your vampire soldiers to spread the plague to any island country that is evasive.
- The world should be infected relatively fast, and the cure will most likely never manage to progress beyond 35%.
- Congrats! You've done it!
- Author: N/A
- Difficulty: Normal
1 - Start in Saudi Arabia or Egypt. Notice how people are dying, but no one is infected. It may seem tempting, but don't evolve the "Shadow Blessing" yet. This starts the plague. This will have both the Templar and the WHO on your trail.
2 - Go to the Vampires tab (replaces Abilities) in your disease interface. Immediately evolve Blood Rage (you'll need it soon) and Therianthropy (you'll need it now). Upgrade Blood Rage as much as possible on both sides. Therianthropy can be upgraded as you go along (Shadow Portals are not used, however. Just upgrade the travel speed ones). If you think it may help, you can also evolve Lair Building, but I did not use any lairs.
3 - Perform a Blood Rage on your starting country. Wait until about 5,000 to 15,000 people die. Then, use Therianthropy and fly your vampire east. The countries you land in do not matter. Perform a blood rage on them as soon as you arrive.
4 - At this point, people will notice the killings, and associate them with the Blood Cult. Continue flying around, as this increases the time before the Templar discover you.
5 - When the Templar set up base, 4 to 7 countries will be outlined in blue. They will have a fortress icon on them, and a sound effect will play. When this happens, it would have been best to evolve Demonic Fury and and at least Lair Healing 1, though 2 is preferable. If it is not evolved yet, do so ASAP, as the Templar grow stronger daily. If a popup claiming that a base is prepared for anything shows up, you're doomed. Restart.
6 - It is preferable to have at least Travel Speed 1 by now. Fly to the countries fortified by the Templar and perform Blood Rage on them. The last base is the most experienced due to survivors escaping to them, so you may have to retreat. If so, Blood Rage your retreat nation to regain HP. Please note that you may have to do this multiple times in order to destroy the final base.
7 - (optional) Once the Templar have been demolished, if you wish, you may fly to low-population countries and consume their population via Blood Rage. If you do so, however, it would be preferable to stick to Greenland and Iceland.
8 - It's finally time to unleash the plague. Go to the Symptoms tab and evolve Shadow Blessing. At this point, you should have overflowing DNA points from your Blood Rages. Use these to evolve a Vampiric Awakening and the following symptoms; Nocturnal, Anaemia, Pallor, Weeping Sores, Hyperdontia, Jugular Bite, and Shadow Slaves. The remainder should be spent in the Vampires tab on the Blood Gift tree, all the way to Corrupted Air. If you want, you may spend the few remainder on transmissions, if you are still paranoid about your disease's spread.
9 - Your disease will immediately get spotted, and WHO labs will start popping up. Fly your vampire over to these countries and Blood Rage them. This becomes easier once your second vampire is created. Heal them via Blood rage, and then begin flying the two around the map to the nearest labs and destroy them. There are labs being created even after the initial, so be careful.
10 - Your cure's speed will be hit hard after you collapse the WHO initiative. However, countries will still try to work on the cure. If you are having trouble, evolve the lower branch of symptoms (they postpone the cure) and Blood Rage those countries. At this point, every Blood Rage almost completely infects the country. Continue this until everybody is either dead, infected, or a vampire.
- Author: The_Overmind
- Note: This strategy is based off of DiseaseMaster7’s strategy (itself based on Pravus Gaming’s strategy) mixed with elements of the Anonymous for Casual and Normal, designed to have a better success rate and work on all difficulty levels from Casual and Normal thru Brutal and Mega Brutal... I wrote it because the other guides did not really cover the first 2 stages of the game well enough (they are fine at covering stages 3 and 4 though).
Note:necessary to get all of these on harder difficulty levels, if you don’t have all of them yet play on Casual repeatedly until you collect all the genetic codes.
- Brawler - free Blood Rages are essential, without this you need DNA to do Blood Rages
- Budget Bat - free Vampire Travel is also essential, without this you need DNA to do Vampire Travel
- Mad Scientist - automatically collect DNA during the long, boring stage, this strategy does not use Lairs for healing at all so no need for anything related to that
- Suppression - since our strategy takes care of islands and infects all continents, crossing closed land borders is a better passive bonus
- Extremophile - gives a bonus in all climates
This strategy has four stages:
- In the first stage, our vampire goes around from country to country feeding on civilians and evolving stronger abilities under the Vampires tab, moving around a lot to avoid detection by the humans.
- In the second stage, our vampire fights and defeats the Templar bases as quickly as possible. Time is of the essence here.
- In the third stage, we build Lairs around the world to accumulate DNA and also for teleportation purposes later on, and we also destroy as many island countries as we can. This is the long, boring stage.
- In the fourth stage, after accumulating massive amounts of DNA, we quickly evolve a disease that is as contagious and deadly and possible and have the vampire instantly travel around to all of the Lairs and any islands not yet destroyed to infect everybody, as well as destroying WHO labs, and we finally win the game.
Important things to remember:
- Do not evolve anything under Symptoms (such as Shadow Blessing) until Stage 4 (until you have Lairs around the world, tons of DNA saved up, and a bunch of island countries destroyed.
- Do not build any Lairs until Stage 3, after the Templars have been completely wiped out (the end of Stage 2). Templars have a nasty habit of using drones to destroy Lairs and we don’t want that to happen.
- If you do not have Brawler, Blood Rages cost DNA, and if you do not have Budget Bat, flying around between countries using Vampire Travel costs DNA. You should only play on Casual if you don’t have all those genes, and make sure to save up enough DNA for those abilities ahead of time by doing Blood Rages long enough in countries where Templars do not have a presence. For Casual players who do not have Brawler and Budget Bat, always make sure you have enough DNA for any travel and Blood Rages mentioned later in this guide ahead of time, and if you don’t have enough DNA, continue your current Blood Rage until you have enough, because if you run out of DNA without both of those abilities you lose. For players who have Brawler and Budget Bat, as well as the other suggested genes, you will be able to use this guide to beat any difficulty level up to and including Mega Brutal. If you do not yet have all of the genes unlocked, please play and beat it on Casual again and again until you unlock them all, in order to be able to win at the harder difficulty levels with this strategy.
- Start in Saudi Arabia. Immediately evolve Night Wraith (to avoid detection) and Blood Rage (so you can attack humans and harvest DNA).
- Start a Blood Rage in Saudi Arabia. Evolve Therianthropy as soon as you can (for the Vampire Travel ability to travel between countries).
- As soon as you have Therianthropy, fly to Egypt and start a Blood Rage there. Check often on the status of your current country (in this case Egypt) and as soon as the police start searching for you, fly to Libya and start a Blood Rage there, continuing this pattern.
- OK so we will be flying between a lot of different countries until the vampire is successfully tracked by the humans, in order to avoid detection as long as possible, and in every country, we will regularly check on the status of that country and as soon as police start searching for the vampire, we will move onto the next country. We will also evolve various Vampire traits during this time too.
- The countries to go to, in order from where we start, are Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Libya, Algeria, Morocco, West Africa, Central Africa, Angola, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Madagascar, East Africa, Sudan, Middle east, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Balkan States, Italy, Spain, France, UK, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Baltic States, Poland, Germany, Central Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, S.E Asia, China, Korea, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, and New Guinea. This is a route that can be traveled where we avoid ever going in the same country more than once and keep moving around. You will not actually be able to get to all of these countries before you are detected; typically the vampire is detected while in Europe, this is just a list that is long enough to give you a way out so you can keep traveling prior to being detected. Anyway, always keep track of the status of the country the vampire is currently in, and if “Police team form to hunt Blood Cult” has appeared, it is time to move onto the next country in the list immediately and start a Blood Rage there. Once you are detected, Stage 1 is over and Stage 2 begins.
- We will be evolving as many Vampire Traits as possible. Night Wraith, Blood Rage, and Therianthropy are the first three we evolved, in Saudi Arabia. After this, the order to evolve Vampire Traits is as follows: Dark Ritual 1 (so we can heal), Adrenal Surge (for stronger attack), Dark Infiltration (for stronger attack), Shadow Blades (for stronger attack), Demonic Fury (for stronger attack), Travel Speed 1 (for faster and longer travel), Travel Speed 2 (for faster and longer travel), Dark Ritual 2 (for faster healing), Lair (for the eventual ability to build Lairs, which we will not use yet), Shadow Portal (which not only lets us teleport to Lairs instantly but also strengthens attacks even more once the Welcome to Hellmouth Combo appears soon after), Lair Healing 1 (least important), and Lair Healing 2 (least important). Actually we won’t get to evolve all of these during Stage 1, but this is the list we will also be following in Stage 2 for evolving abilities.
- At some point, an alert will come up stating that your vampire has been tracked and authorities know where you are, and it will mention what country you are currently in in the alert. Once that happens, time to move to Stage 2.
- This stage begins when the vampire is successfully tracked by humans. Once that happens we stop moving around and instead just stay in the current country continuing the current Blood Rage and evolving traits in the order listed in Stage 1, until Templar unveils the vampire threat to the world and its bases appear. The very instant that happens, it is time to go on the attack, go straight to the nearest base, do a Blood Rage there, and destroy the base.
- You should be able to destroy the first Templar base without leaving the country it is in, but have a bit of damage. Do another Blood Rage to heal yourself and note that in battles with future Templar bases, you may need to fly out of the country with a base in it to a neighboring country to heal and then fly back into the country with the base, sometimes just once, sometimes a whole bunch of times, depending on how strong you are and how strong the enemy is. The Templar bases get stronger over time and they also get stronger the fewer of them are left. The first one is the easiest and the last is the hardest and with the last one and possibly also the second-to-last or even third-to-last one you will be going in and out of that country again and again, doing a Blood Rage in that country to damage the base, and doing a Blood Rage in a neighboring country to heal yourself. Remember not to let your vampire die during any of these fights with the Templar! Always retreat when the vampire’s health gets low to a neighboring country to do a Blood Rage to heal before going back to the country with a Templar base and doing a Blood Rage to attack again.
- Any excess DNA you have that is enough to purchase evolved abilities, you should do in the order mentioned back in Stage 1, the order that starts with Night Wraith and ends with Lair Healing 2.
- Anyway in this stage, we will go around and destroy all the Templar bases, as quickly as possible, starting with the ones that are closest and easiest to get to. The strategy back in Stage 1 of moving around a lot to avoid detection and getting the attack as strong as possible should have given us strong attack here in Stage 2 when we actually fight the Templar. Remember NOT to build any Lairs until after ALL of the Templar bases are wiped out. If you build a Lair you will have to fight off Drones and you are very likely to get your Lair destroyed by the Templar. It is best to just avoid building any Lairs at all until after the Templar are wiped out, since there is a possibility the Templar might build new bases and you might have to go off and fight a base far away from a Lair you built, leaving it undefended against Drones, so just don’t build Lairs in this stage, it is better that way.
- Eventually either you should be able to destroy all the Templar bases or, if you have bad luck, the Templar will turn out to be too strong in this particular game, and even after fighting them a really long time, they might be building new bases faster than you can destroy them. If the Templar end up being super-strong like that, just restart the game and try again. It is possible to defeat them at least half of the time with this strategy, I think, but sometimes you just have bad luck and they get too strong and you need to restart the game. This depends on where the Templar put their bases, timing, and other factors, and the more experience you have fighting them, the better you will get at this.
- At some point, eventually, you will finally win, although it is possible you might have to restart the game and start over if you have bad luck. Hopefully that is not necessary. Once the Templars are completely wiped out, it is time for Stage 3.
- Now we can build Lairs, now that the Templars are gone, but we still want to hold off on evolving any Symptoms, so make sure to continue to avoid evolving Shadow Blessing, which we only evolve in the final stage. We do want to finish evolving every single one of the Vampire Traits, though. In Stage 3, it is easier if you change from normal speed to fast-forward, so do that.
- As far as where to build Lairs, build them in the USA, Brazil, Central Africa, Central Europe, China, and then a final one in Iran.
- As far as destroying island countries, first go to Greenland and use Blood Rage to kill everybody, which should be the fastest country to wipe out. Next, destroy Iceland too, the second fastest to wipe out.
- After destroying Greenland and Iceland, you can take your pick and destroy the following, listed from least populous to most populous: New Zealand, New Guinea, Madagascar, Australia, the Caribbean, the UK, the Philippines, and Japan (don’t worry about Indonesia as it shares a land border with S.E Asia, let Indonesia stay). You do not necessarily need to destroy all of these, but you probably want to destroy all the remaining island countries that do not have airports, namely New Guinea, Madagascar, the Caribbean, and the Philippines, since those are less likely to get infected than countries with both airports and seaports like New Zealand, Australia, the UK, and Japan. It is up to your discretion how many island countries to destroy, depending on the difficulty level and whether you think you will be able to infect the countries that you do not destroy fast enough in Stage 4.
- While doing these blood rages to destroy island countries, you will accumulate a lot of DNA. You will use this to finish up all of the Vampire traits and building all 6 Lairs mentioned earlier.
- At some point you will get bored once you have hundreds of DNA and are trying to wipe out one of the higher-population island countries. Once you have 600 or 700 DNA, that is probably enough, and you will definitely get to that point before wiping out all the island countries if you do the higher-populations ones too. I would suggest you keep going and get even more DNA, like 1000 or more DNA, which will happen before you are done wiping out the island countries, and is more than enough to completely destroy humanity in the final Stage 4.
- Once you have destroyed enough countries and have enough DNA, it is time for Stage 4 (and decreasing from fast-forward speed to regular speed).
- Finally it is time to evolve the Shadow Blessing Symptom Trait (and also decrease from fast-forward to regular speed). After this, you will want to evolve as many Transmissions and Symptoms as possible. The other guides cover this in more detail but different ones have different suggestions... suffice it to say that there is more than one solution that works and all the other guides have working solutions for this.
- It is up to you whether or not to evolve the Zoonotic Shift Transmissions... they speed up infection but they also make the cure faster so it is a double-edged sword.
- Another thing that is up to you is whether or not to do Vampiric Awakening and how many times to do it. You can use this to create more vampires but it also wipes out a lot of the people who spread your disease. It is generally a good idea to do it at least once since your vampires not only are able to help spread the disease but can also destroy WHO labs.
- Another thing you can decide is whether to evolve the Shadow Slaves Symptom Trait or instead avoid it in order to unlock the Sadomasochist achievement, which requires you to win without that Symptom Trait. It is best to get that achievement on Casual mode so that you are able to rely on Shadow Slaves in Normal, Brutal, and Mega-Brutal modes. Shadow Slaves are definitely something that makes beating this easier and the only reason to avoid that is to get that achievement, which you only have to do once.
- Mostly you want to focus on having your vampire(s) go around the world as fast as possible and infect all the countries where you have Lairs (countries you can travel to instantly). Also infect any island countries that you did not destroy, by having your vampire(s) visit them. Once that is done, the world is on the path to destruction but you have one remaining obstacle.
- There will be WHO laboratories that start popping up. They are much easier to destroy than Templar bases were but you want to destroy them really fast to prevent progress on the cure. Eventually after you destroy enough of them, the WHO lab initiative will fail. It is important to destroy them immediately after they pop up.
- The disease will spread but some countries might not be infected, so visit them with a vampire and infect them. Also if the disease is having trouble spreading in a country, a vampire can help accelerate its spread.
- You should be able to win without much difficulty if you got through the first 3 stages successfully. If you have trouble with this last stage, you can look at the other guides on this page for more details on exactly what symptoms to do, etc. - The_Overmind
- Author: DevelopingFan
- This is based off Pravus Gaming's strategy, though it is my own.
- Any difficulty other then Mega Brutal
Reasonable Start Countries
North America: Canada or Greenland
South America: Peru or Bolivia
Europe: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, or Baltic States
Africa: Botswana or Zimbabwe
Asia: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Central Asia
Oceania: You can pick any country here.
- After selecting your start country and tapping start, go to the Vampires tab right away and evolve Blood Rage, Therianthropy, and Dark Ritual 1. Night Wraith is optional. Important: Do not evolve Shadow Blessing until this guide tells you to.
- Start a blood rage in your start country. If the start country is Greenland or Iceland, wait until they are devoid of Human Life. Then go to the closest by country, because if you stay there for too long your vampire will starve to death.
- Continue doing step 2 until the Templars fire up. But remember: while your vampire feeds, evolve more blood rage strength, and also grab Dark Ritual 2. Also, if you can, you can grab an extra level of Therianthropy if you want to.
- Fly to templars in islands first. Because those can be a big pain. If no island countries have templars, then just destroy them. Remember to prioritize destroying templars at this stage.
- Once the last templar has fallen, fly to any country. Start a blood rage there. Wait until you have at least 400 DNA points. If you didn't destroy Greenland, Iceland, New Zealand, and New Guinea yet, do so. Those four are generally the most painful to infect. You can also destroy other island countries, or countries like Botswana, which have a small population, if you want to.
- While blood raging, place liars in C. America, Germany, Central Africa, and SE Asia.
- Once it has hit the 400 DNA Mark, fly to Australia. Start your Shadow Blessing there. Evolve the following in Vampires: Blood Gift, Dark Cloud, Shadow Trail, and Corrupted Air. And in the symptoms tree, go down the routes and grab Shadow Slaves. Do this so Australia won't be able to contribute to the cure anymore.
- Fly to Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan, Madagascar, and the Caribbean and infect these five islands next. I did not say that you need to destroy them because destroying those five would take too long.
- Then teleport up to Germany and infect there. Those countries contribute a lot to the cure, so you need to enslave them as soon as possible.
- Don't forget to destroy WHO labs. They will fast up the cure.
- Then, teleport to all your lairs. Fly to any remaining countries that are not yet overwhelmed by the Shadow Plague or infected.
- Once you have overwhelmed all countries, you should have won.
- Author: Zephyr
- This strategy has been tested on Casual, Normal and Brutal respectively and it works. Unknown whether it works on Mega Brutal or not, but you can try.
- Extremophile (optional)
- Brawler (required)
- ATP Boost (optional)
- Rest you can choose on your own.
This will be divided into two sections, Vampire, and Plague.
Part 1: Vampire
- Choose Saudi Arabia or Egypt as starting country. It doesn't really matter which, but either allows a healthy population for your vampire.
- As soon as your vampire rises, you should get at least 21 DNA points before proceeding.
- Evolve Blood Rage, Theriantrophy and Adrenal Surge.
- Do not, under any circumstances, start the plague during this part. It will require you to multitask a lot and increase difficulty by setting both WHO and Templars on your tail.
- Start a blood rage in your starting country. Do not move out of it just yet.
- As soon as you have enough DNA points, create a lair in your starting county. This will chiefly be for extra DNA points.
- As soon as you create a lair, start evolving the following:
- Dark Ritual 1
- Dark Infiltration
- Shadow Blades
- Travel Speed 1
- Travel Speed 2
- By now, Templars should have warned the world and set up forts across countries. Fly to the nearest ones and destroy them, going for the ones that are farthest last. Do not give them a chance to start another fort in another country. If a fort seems to hard to beat, retreat to a non fortified country, heal with a blood rage and attack the fort again. As you attack the forts, evolve the following:
- Demonic Fury
- Shadow Portal
- If a fort shows a popup that it can withstand anything, go for that one last.
- Do not worry if a templar destroys your lair. It was mainly for extra DNA points, as stated earlier, but you can save it if you wish.
- Once all the Templar forts are down, fly over to Greenland. Start a blood rage there and finish off Greenland.
- Then, go to Iceland, and do the same. But don't kill Iceland just yet; if a message pops up saying vigilantes in Iceland are hunting the vampire every time it feeds, go to USA. Else, kill off Iceland too and then go to USA.
- Create another lair in USA. Travel over to S.E Asia and create another lair there. (These two are necessary. Create more lairs depending on the amount of vampires you'll have, one for each vampire.)
- Now for the boring part: Go to India and start a blood rage there. Wait for your DNA points to hit a solid 100 or more.
Part 2: Plague
- Once you've done the steps given above, start evolving the following:
- Shadow Blessing
- Steroidal Boost
- Pheromone Secretion
- Jugular Bite
- Shadow Slaves
- Now, wait until at least 25% of India is infected. While you do that, make sure to get some more DNA Points. Once it reaches 25%, evolve Vampiric wakening.
- Start evolving:
- Blood Gift
- Dark Cloud
- Shadow Trail
- Let the Shadow plague spread across Asia on it's own. You don't have to evolve anything regarding the spread of the plague in warm, cold or rich countries- you have the vampire for that. Don't touch Transmissions either.
- Head over to USA and spread the plague there. Start a blood rage to increase its speed. Wait here till the next vampire arises.
- Now, divide the continents in two- In one group, keep North and South America, as well as Africa. On the other one, keep Asia, Europe and Oceania. Send one vampire to each group. This will make sure no vampire has to travel ridiculous distances to go and destroy a WHO lab.
- By now, you should have Muscular Hypotrophy and Masticatory tension evolved.
- By now, the world should have noticed your plague, and WHO should've started creating laboratories. Determine the location of the lab, and send the vampire in charge of the place to destroy the laboratory. Destroy all laboratories like this.
- Do not worry about the cure, it will never reach a 100% if you destroy all WHO labs. If, however, you start to see that it has started rising too fast, start evolving the following according to the cure status:
- Dark Pustules (Cure <=25%)
- Hyper Sensitivity (Cure >= 25%)
- Malignant Pigmentation (Cure < 25%)
- Latent Adaption (If it comes to it, go ahead for it without hesitation)
- Now, start sending each of your vampires to countries in their area which yet have not been infected. Make sure to prioritize island countries first; except of course Greenland and Iceland, considering both of them are dead. Blood rage in every uninfected country to give it a head start in infection.
- If you feel that it is necessary, evolve Vampiric Awakening again.
- Continue spreading the plague around the world, and watch as the worlds helplessly become slaves to the Vampire Lord(s).
Strategy 9 (Mega Brutal with Shadow Blessing)
improved from a strategy (currently deleted) by jinbeili
This strategy is really fun compared to the traditional "Stall for 300 DNA and then click upgrades until win" strategy.
Very sadly, the game's score mechanic favours the Stall strategy. This one is as stable as the slow strategy but it only gets you a 4 Biohazards rating.
Difficulty: Mega Brutal
Stage 1: Undiscovered
- Start in Turkey. Evolve Shadow Blessing, Blood Gift, Dark Cloud, Shadow Trail, Nocturnal.
- Evolve Lair. Build a lair in Turkey.
- Evolve Therianthropy. Immediately fly to Saudi Arabia, then Central Africa, West Africa, Brazil.
- Evolve Blood Rage and start a Blood Rage in Brazil for a few DNA points. Fly to Columbia immediately once you received the 3 points.
- Fly to Caribbean, then USA. Evolve Travel Speed 1. Start a Blood Rage in USA and build a lair.
- Evolve Anaemia, Pallor and Weeping Sores.
- Evolve Shadow Portal and teleport to Turkey ASAP. Then fly to Iran, India and Indonesia. Evolve Hyperdontia during this.
- Start a Blood Rage in Indonesia and build a lair.
- Evolve Jugular Bite. Fly to Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea and Philippines.
- Fly to China and start a Blood Rage. Evolve Corrupted Air, Dark Ritual 1 and Vampiric Awakening.
- After a short while, teleport to Turkey and start infecting European countries. Then infect Canada too.
Stage 2: The War
- When the first Templar news pops up, or when you're placed on the Watch List, evolve Shadow Slaves immediately.
- Evolve Muscular Hypotrophy and Masticatory Tension. Meanwhile, evolve Travel Speed 2 when any Labs/Bases are built.
- Destroy any Lab immediately. Then focus on Templar Bases. Use your shadow portals to call multiple vampires to focus on one base.
- Meanwhile, evolve Adrenal Surge, Dark Infiltration, Dark Ritual 2 and Shadow Blades. Whenever Vampiric Awakening is ready (after you've evolved Dark Ritual 2), evolve it again.
- Evolve Anti-Biotic Tolerance and Heat Tolerance. If cure is high, evolve anti-cure symptoms too: Malignant Pigmentation, Latent Adaptation.
Stage 3: Cleanup
- Once all Templar forces have been destroyed, attack any country with a high cure contribution or low infected rate, while continuing to evolve Vampiric Awakening. Invest remaining DNA point into Transmissions (depending on your infection) or Cure-impeding symptoms. Be fast and repeat this until win.
- Usual score on Mega Brutal: ~550 days, 3 or 4 Biohazards. Success Rate: >90%
Note: This is a modified version of DiseaseMaster7's stradegy, but just way faster.
- Mad Scientist (So you don't have to worry about the bubbles and can control your vampire more freely)
- Harvester (More DNA is always good)
- Fair Weather Bat (So your vampire can move very quickly as long as you keep your health topped off)
- Teracyte (Countries closes their ports and airports very quickly after the disease is spotted)
- Extremophile (You know why)
Calm Before The Storm
- Start in Greenland, get Blood Rage and Adrenal Surge then start eating away.
- Make sure to get Therianthropy before you devour Greenland or else you have just starved yourself to death.
- If somehow affordable, get Dark Infiltration then move to Iceland after bigger Denmark is gone, otherwise; get Dark Infiltration during the killing of Iceland.
War Is Declared
- You should be spotted at this point while devouring Iceland. Ignore for now.
- Once Templars set up, move to the closest Templar base and destory them. You should focus on getting both Travel Speed upgrades at this point.
- Make sure you get Shadow Blades, as you can at most destory one base without too much risk with only 2 upgrades.
- Once 2-3 bases have been destoryed, assuming you have already gotten the Dark Rituals at this point, eat a nearby country until you get enough for Demonic Fury.
- Go after the remaining bases.
- Now that you have destoryed the Templars, you can eat as you please. Go to India and feast on them.
- Make sure you evolved Lair, Shadow Portal and .
- Build a base in: Canada, UK, Australia and Central Africa (You can build one more in a hot or cold country if you want), this is to ensure you get the maximum effectiveness out of the Tolerance traits.
- Get until 400 DNA by countine to eat away at the Indian subcontinent then you must evolve the following:
The World Is Yours
- After evolving Shadow Blessing, you must then get All Region Tolerances and then Blood Gift to Dark Cloud.
- After that, then evolve: Nocturnal, Anaemia, Pallor, Weeping Sores, Hyperdontia, Jugular Bite and Shadow Slaves. If you can, get Muscular Hypotrophy and Masticatory Tension to boost infectivity and Blood Sacrifice 1 and 2 to boost DNA count.
- Go from Dark Pustules to Latent Adaptation if you are worried about the cure going to fast for your likings.
- If you like, evolve Air 1 and 2, Water 1 and 2 and Extreme Bioaerosol to boost transmissions, though be aware that countries tend to close their transmissions very soon after the plague is spotted.
- Then, it is your job to spread the plague with your vampire and destory all WHO labatories as soon as they appear.
- Get Zoonotic Shift and Bat 1, 2 and 3 to boost land infectivity when all countires lockdown.
- Keep moving your vampire to uninfected/barely infectec countries to turn them to yourside.
- Congratulations, you are now the dark lord of a new and permanently Dark Ages.
- If you wish to avoid having to evolve Night Wraith and save your DNA Points for other Abilities, a useful country to start in is Peru. The country has a small population (2 million), and is a Poor Country, which makes it especially useful in Who Cares. Bolivia is also an excellent country for starting in Who Cares due to it being the poorest country in the world (only 2 Cure bottles).
- Using Blood Rage to wipe out countries with high Cure ability, such as Iceland or Sweden, will allow you to attack the world with greater impunity and less worry about the Cure Effort decimating your vampire(s).
- Island Countries, even the ones with little ability to contribute to the Cure Effort, can be a thorn in your side. It is advised that the Island Countries are to be devoured as soon as the Templar are exterminated.
- Wiping out Indonesia is optional, as the country doesn't contribute too much to the Cure Effort, and it shares a land border with S.E. Asia.
- When starting in Greenland, move to Iceland as quick as possible before Templar set up bases, or else Iceland will be one of them.