|The following are strategies for the Parasite plague type. Please read the Wiki Rules, before adding a strategy, tips and Q&A here. If you aren't quick enough to devolve a mutation before it's spotted, then pause the game time, then devolve the mutation.
If you want to write new strategies, please use this page.
- 1 Strategy 1
- 2 Strategy 2
- 3 Strategy 4 (Mega Brutal)
- 4 Strategy 5 (Mega Brutal)
- 5 Strategy 6 (Brutal)
- 6 Strategy 7 (Mega Brutal 5 Biohazards, weird tactic)
- 7 Tips
- 8 Mini-Strategies
So this strategy worked amazingly well for me - in fact I ended up better off in Brutal than in Casual or Normal.
- Genetic Code: Cytochrome Surge, Darwinist, Extremophile, Teracyte, Ionised Helix.
- Starting Country: West Africa
- Evolve Abilities: Symbiosis 1, 2, and 3 (so your disease isn't noticed)
- Evolve Transmissions: Water 1 and 2, Air 1 and 2 (quicker spread and DNA)
- Evolve Abilities: Drug Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 1 and 2 (for specifically hard countries)
- Evolve Transmission: Extreme Bioaerosol (further spread and DNA)
Now just wait and pop the red and orange bubbles - devolve any symptoms that mutate (and collect that lovely bonus).
- You will find initial spread and DNA accumulation will be slow, but will rocket at the end. If you want to speed it up, put Bird 1 in place.
- By the time the whole world is infected, you should be looking at 140+ DNA.... if you hold on until the end (i.e. 100% infection), you can now devolve all of the transmissions for bonus DNA.
- Evolve Genetic Hardening 1 2 and then get the symptoms as deadly as you choose - Up to Total Organ Failure through Cysts is good as it takes in Coma to slow the cure... if you have enough DNA you can get down from Fever to Necrosis too....
- Sit back and watch the world die.... as you get the DNA you can either do Genetic ReShuffle 1, 2, or 3 to slow the cure, or get more and more deadly symptoms.
This is a simple strategy which will work on Casual, Normal or Brutal (This doesn't work on Mega Brutal because the 'random medical check-ups' make the disease noticed and a cure is available before everyone is infected.
- DNA Gene: ATP Boost or Metabolic Jump
- Travel Gene: Aquacyte or Suppression
- Evolution Gene: Ionised Helix
- Mutation Gene: Genetic Mimic
- Environment Gene: Extremophile )Optional=
Stage 1: Begin
Step 1. Start anywhere... the best places are India, Saudi Arabia, Greenland, Egypt, Madagascar or even Norway. Note: If any symptoms evolve devolve them inmediately. Doctors will spot the disease and the Cure Research will begin. In the future the cure research will be too much.
Stage 2: Infection
You should be gaining DNA Points by now. Make sure you save them up for later though
Stage 3: Kill
Step 8. Evolve the following in order:
- Devolve Insomnia
- Evolve Coma
You should've had enough for all of those because if you popped all the red and orange bubbles and devolved all symptoms you should have at least twice the amount you needed. Paranoia is the most important because it will stop people from seeing the doctor.
Step 10. Evolve
Watch as the last few people hopelessly die. Watch as the screen with the words 'Victory! *your disease name here* has successfully eliminated all life on earth. You Win.
This strategy was made by Terra Verso
Strategy 4 (Mega Brutal)
- Author: Torek
- Start in the USA
- Develop all infections tiers 1+2. Don't get layer 3, you will be discovered too soon.
- Keep popping DNA bubbles. It will take very long to get the necessary points
- Devolve any symptom (always have some points in reserve for this, it's essential)
- Let all abilities mutate except for Drug Resistance. If is mutates, devolve it, even if it costs you.
- Make sure you have Cold Resistance 1 and 2 and Heat Resistance 1 before you make your move.
- If anything happens to boost your plague, you must either hurry or restart (Love Festival, spreading too soon...).
- When all tier 2 abilities are developed, save up: enough for Extreme Zoonosis and Extreme Bioaerosol, Drug Resistance 1, some symptoms.
- Then it gets harder: unleash tier 3 symptoms and Genetic Hardening 1, Coughing, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Develop towards necrosis then.
- When the whole world (or at least 90%) are infected, unleash Total Organ Failure. You might have to counter the cure, but usually things go down quickly.
- When you have points left, go for Coma, but keeping the cure down is more important.
- It takes time, and you might fail once or twice, but it works.
Strategy 5 (Mega Brutal)
- Author: Atua101.
Parasite is poorly designed for Mega Brutal, because the fastest and most consistent way to win is by entirely ignoring the Symbiosis special ability, resulting in a strategy that similar to Mega Brutal Bacteria. Game ends around ~450 days.
Recommended Genetic Code
- Metabolic Jump - A must have! Bio-hazard bubbles spawn a lot more predictably than DNA bubbles, and most will spawn in the late-early game/mid game when you need DNA the most. I've seen +5 DNA from a single Bio-hazard bubble before, resulting in much more DNA available overall.
- Genetic Mimic - Highly recommended for any Mega-Brutal mode game.
- Aquacyte - Makes infecting isolated islands like Greenland, New Zealand, Caribbean easier.
- Extremophile - Nice to have but others like Xerophile are fine too.
- Sympto-Stasis - Useful to ensure end game symptoms don't cost too much DNA.
Preferred Starting Location: Saudi Arabia
Step 1: Initial Symptoms
Mega Brutal mode requires an aggressive strategy to defeat the cure timer. Higher severity increases the chance of getting more DNA from orange DNA bubbles, but the player needs to balance that against attracting too much attention early on. Take the following symptoms:
- Sweating - bonus in cold climate
- Pneumonia - bonus in cold climate
- Hyper sensitivity - bonus in rich nations
- Skin Lesions - high infectivity and leads to Necrosis
Step 2: Spreading Your Parasite
Prepare the parasite for global transmission with the following traits:
- Air 1 - bonus for Saudi Arabia
- Heat Resistance 1 - bonus for Saudi Arabia
- Water 1 - needed to reach places like Greenland
- Drug Resistance 1
- Cold Resistance 1
- Water 2
- Cold Resistance 2
- Drug Resistance 2
Step 3: Prepare for Resistance
By this time, the parasite should have been spotted by the world or will be shortly. Slow down their research efforts with the following traits:
- Genetic Hardening 1
- Genetic Hardening 2
- Insomnia - can set off Walking Dead with Anaemia
Step 4: End-Game
About two-thirds of the world should be infected by this stage. Maximise infectivity to finish global infection and begin killing to generate DNA with these traits in order:
- Necrosis - most infective lethal trait
- Dysentery - also infective and lethal
- Systemic Infection - also infective and lethal
Use Genetic ReShuffle 1/2/3 as required. Top up infectivity with non-lethal symptoms like Diarrhoea, Pulmonary Oedema, Sneezing until the rest of the world is infected, at which point use Total Organ Failure.
Strategy 6 (Brutal)
A strategy for up to brutal. (Cannot work for mega brutal due to Genetic drift AND that they detect the virus really early on ;-;)
- Metabolic Jump/ Cytochromic Surge
- Genetic mimic
- Start in India.
- Get symbosis 2, and air and water 1. Get drug and cold resistance one too. Prioritize Air/water if they get filters, otherwise get symbosis 2 first.
- Allow it to mutate, if lethal synptoms like diarrhea appear, devolve .
- Get Air 2, Water 2, Bird 1, Insect 1. Get drug resistance 2 and symbosis 3. If you have troubles with cold countries like greenland, get cold resistance 2 as well.
- Wait, and save up dna points. Allow it to mutate, unless the synptoms kill. Mostly, the severity should remain at 0 until the next 2 steps
- Once you infect the world, get Total Organ Failure. Devolve certain transmissions(until you do not get dna points). Also get insomnia and paranoia
- Get Hemorrhagic Shock. Also get insanity, paralysis and coma if possible.
- Catalytic switch is not advised, as too little dna is got. (At most only 8 bubbles appear.)
- Translesion+ is not used, because synptoms will cost too much. This can affect play if Genetic Reshuffle cost too much, yet you cannot get paranoia, insomnia and paralysis. I have not tested ATP boost, so you can test it.
Strategy 7 (Mega Brutal 5 Biohazards, weird tactic)
not that good, but very funny
- Metabolic Hijack
- You can probably use Cytochrome Surge for higher score but soon you'll see why I don't use it
- Genetic Mimic
- Start in USA.
- Now, evolve exactly NOTHING. Devolve every mutation.
- Infected number will stop at around 10 and never increase again.
- Collect bubbles until you have about 220 DNA. (When you get past 220 bubbles will become very rare. This number is higher if you're using Cytochrome Surge.) If you're using Metabolic Hijack, you can use some third-party tool to speed up your game.
- Save your game.
- Evolve Drug Resistance 1, Drug Resistance 2, Air 1, Air 2, Water 1, Water 2, Extreme Bioaerosol, Nausea, Vomiting, Coughing, Sneezing, Rash, Sweating, Skin Lesions, Insomnia, Cysts, Abscesses, Hyper Sensitivity, Anaemia, Cold Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 2, Heat Resistance 1, Heat Resistance 2, Bird 1.
- Evolve Environmental Hardening and Livestock 1 when you have enough points.
- Evolve Necrosis when you reach 10 billion infected, and more lethal symptoms (such as Hemorrhagic Shock) later.
- Evolve other Transmissions according to your actual situation. Note that islands may still close their ports due to your high severity.
- From my experience, Cure is the most important factor for your score.
- Personal Best: 114,560
- The Parasite is a manageable plague type for both new and veteran players as it does not mutate frequently like other plague types do, thus giving players a huge stealth advantage at the beginning of the game, especially with the Symbiosis abilities. However, the parasite is slow to adapt meaning that increasing lethality early in the game could put it at risk unless multiple nations have already been infected heavily by the parasite.
From what I know Strategy 2 & 3 don't work. The cure comes out too quickly. - User:Terra Verso
Proven and tested! Strategy 3 works fine and good. Tried it and ended at 87% cure. But one thing, if you've evolved all lethal symptoms and there is/are countries not infected completely, devolve the lethality. Let infection infect the entire world. And after infection, your DNA points bursts like madness. And kill 'em all. - User: DoctorPhD
Strategy 5 is solid. Got 4 biohazards on Mega Brutal on my first try without needing any genetic reshuffles, only had one mutation (hemorrhagic shock, very late game), and cure was only at 47%. - User: Zulera301
- Start in India, evolve Symbiosis 1, 2, and 3, Cold Resistance 1, Coughing, Vomiting, Nausea, and Sneezing (Insomnia and Paranoia help as well). Also evolve the transmissions Bird 1, Air 1, Water 1, Drug Resistance 1, and Genetic Hardening 1. Sit back and relax as you win. Also finish off with Total Organ Failure, Coma, Fever, Seizures, etc. - 126.96.36.199
- Start with tier 1 and 2 symptoms, then get Water 1, Air 1, Extreme Bioaerosol, Drug Resistance 1, Genetic Hardening 1, Cold Resistance 1 & 2, Heat Resistance 1, then slightly lethal symptoms, and lastly the very lethal ones. One should beat Parasite in only 323 days on normal. - Elite Assassin Ninja
- The stategist tried a diiferent strategy that took more than 1300 days. First, evolve Symbiosis 1, 2, and 3. Duck low, get Air 1 and 2, Water 1, 2, and Extreme Bioaerosol. Then evolve all non-lethal symptoms, and also Drug Resistance 1 and Genetic Hardening 1. Then wait till you get about 140 DNA point. This part takes about 20 minutes or so. Then, wreck the world anyway you like (The strategist recommends Total Organ Failure, Hemorrhagic Shock, and Coma). - 188.8.131.52