The following are strategies, tips, and Q&A for the Not Another Zombie Game achievement.
- Author: Bihapove
- "[Disease Name] is a form of Rabies" is the event that stops cure research, not "No Link to Rabies"
- Winning without neither Rabies event nor Cytopathic Reanimation used to be possible, but a recent update has increased Necroa Virus's Cure Research Speed by 100%, making Rabies events essential.
- Devolving a symptom will trigger another mutation instantly, unless you have Genetic ReShuffle 2.
- Necroa Virus has an incredibly low Cure Requirement.
- Cytopathic Reanimation is unusable.
- The only way to deal with the cure is a luck-based event: Rabies
- You must be on the main Game gameplay -- Scenarios and Speed Runs are not allowed.
- Throughout the whole run, Cytopathic Reanimation is not allowed.
- The disease must start in India.
- Saliva 1 and Zoonotic Shift must be evolved before Day 53.
- Bat 1 must be evolved before India is fully infected.
- If the previous requirements are fulfilled, there is a chance that Rabies event sequence now begins, producing a news event called "Colony of rabid bats triggers town evacuation".
- Two news pieces, called "WHO starts Rabies Eradication Initiative" and "Film about Rabies epidemic becomes global hit" will pop up after a random time. Your disease must not be detected until both have popped up.
- To proceed, Acute Encephalitis must be evolved and your Severity must be exactly 14. This can be achieved by owning Insomnia, Fever, Photophobia, Coma, Acute Encephalitis and Hyper Salivation.
- If all the previous requirements are fulfilled, there is a (relatively high) chance that a pop-up window called "[Disease name] is a form of Rabies" will appear. Once this happens, researches are stopped. The cure meter still increases slowly, but no valid cure will ever be reached.
- If your Severity is no longer 14, a pop-up window called 'Rabies link false' shows up, reverting research speed back to normal.
- Necroa Virus has a horrible passive effect called 'Forced Mutation'.
- If a mutation happens, but the system finds out that you have no symptoms (meaning you have devolved the symptom), it has a significant chance to trigger another mutation instantly.
- Evolving Genetic ReShuffle 2 after the mutation will prevent this from happening.
- Start in India.
- Evolve Saliva 1 and Zoonotic Shift immediately. This must be done before Day 53.
- Evolve Bat 1.
- Evolve Drug Resistance 1, Genetic Hardening and Genetic ReShuffle 1.
- If a mutation happens, devolve it and evolve Genetic ReShuffle 2. Do not turn off the mutation warning screen during this.
- Keep checking the news box to see if Town Evacuation news happens. If it doesn't show up before India is fully infected, restart your game.
- Devolve Bat 1 and save your game. (Sadly, this is not available on mobile)
- If a second mutation happens, devolve it. Then devolve and evolve Genetic ReShuffle 2.
- If a third mutation happens, load your save file.
- Wait until you have 40 DNA points. Then evolve Cold Resistance 1 and save the game.
- Wait until you have 50 DNA points. Then evolve Cold Resistance 2 and save the game.
- Wait until the whole world is infected, both news have popped up and you have at least 75 DNA points.
- After collecting at least 75 DNA points, evolve Insomnia, Fever, Photophobia, Coma, Acute Encephalitis and Hyper Salivation at the same time. Then you may save your game.
- Wait for "[Disease name] is a form of Rabies" to pop up. If it doesn't, load your save file.
- Acute Encephalitis has very poor lethality, so finishing off the last humans might take several hundred days, but don't evolve any other symptoms. If any of them mutated, devolve it.
- Congratulations on getting the most difficult achievement ever.
- Tested this on mobile, worked seamlessly even though I didn't utilize the save function. - Anonymous
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.