|The following are strategies for the Bacteria plague type. Please read the Wiki Rules, before adding a strategy, tips and Q&A here. If you aren't quick enough to devolve a mutation before it's spotted, then pause the game time, then devolve the mutation.|
If you want to write new strategies, please use this page.
(For normal/brutal difficulties; works on casual as well)
- Water 1 (9 DNA)
- Bird 1 (13 DNA)
- Air 1 (11 DNA)
- Drug Resistance 1 (11 DNA)
- Bacterial Resilience 1 (7 DNA)
For a total of 51 DNA Points.
As your Bacteria starts to spread, devolve any mutations you receive.
If you get a message that says a place has added more security, such as 'USA bans movement of livestock,' upgrade the corresponding upgrade in transmissions (in this case, livestock). Such instances, however, shouldn't occur if you follow this strategy—as long as you don't get the disease spotted. But if a random event happens like a rural livestock legislation, disregard that last sentence and be ready for an American livestock stasis.
Mid game - Infect the rich and protect yourself
Upgrade the following to infect more people:
- Bacterial Resilience 2 (9 DNA)
- Bacterial Resilience 3 (12 DNA)
- Cold Resistance 1 (11 DNA)
- Cold Resistance 2 (17 DNA)
- Then upgrade the following, to protect yourself:
For a total of 62 (Without Genetic ReShuffle 1) or 86 (With Genetic ReShuffle 1) DNA points
End game - killing time
Use this path to quickly achieve Total Organ Failure (Accumulate 47 DNA points to get all of them quickly and no risk of failure):
You get the most infection for your DNA from the symptom Coughing. Having only Coughing will not lead to the disease being discovered as long as you devolve any other mutated symptom, and the mystery plague event doesn't happen.
1. Start in India
2. Get Coughing
7. Improve resistances further, if for example Iceland or Canada is especially slow to infect, and you have a lot of DNA. Otherwise be patient and save the points for the kill strike and slowing research.
8. When all are infected, get killing symptoms. The strategist used the same tree as in the commented guide.
9. Immediately buy both abilities slowing future research. If you have points left now, invest more in lethal symptoms like Hemorrhagic Shock to kill faster.
10. At the end, buy all abilities increasing the amount of research needed, as well as the symptoms Coma and Paralysis. This will decrease the percent research completeted, and give you more points for the win. If you still have points left, invest in symptoms with maximum severity and infectivity as this may give some more points.
The key is fast and unnoticed transmission, followed by swift kill and decreased researched speed, and in the end lowering the percentage of the completed research.Get higher score by winning faster with less cure research completed, and as severe disease as possible.
For MEGA BRUTAL
1. Start in China Note: Evolve the upgrades AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
2. Evolve the following IN ORDER! (Devolve any irrelevant symptoms) Water 1
(This should be every stage 1 + 2 symptoms)
3. Now evolve IN ORDER Water 2
4. Now for some infective symptoms! Skin Lesions
Necrosis - Optional
5. Stop the cure!
Note 1: If an island closes ports before you infect it, restart
Note 2: If cure goes >90%, get Genetic ReShuffle 1
6. Wait for world to get infected
Note: If country closes land borders before infected get Bird 1
7. Evolve killing symptoms and cure slowing symptoms
Collect DNA from killing people
Coma - To slow the cure
Get more genetic reshuffles if the cure is too high and try some more symptoms if you're too impatient!
This is a simple strategy which will work on Casual, Normal or Brutal (This doesn't work on Mega Brutal because the 'random medical check-ups' make the disease noticed and a cure is available before everyone is infected.
Evolution Gene: Ionised Helix
Mutation Gene: Genetic Mimic
Environment Gene: Extremophile... or anything really
Stage 1: Begin
Step 2. Fastforward
TIP: If any symptoms evolve DEVOVLE THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! Doctors will spot the disease and the cure research will begin. In the future the cure research will be too much!
Stage 2: Infection
Step 3. Evolve Bacterial Resilience 1
You should be gaining DNA Points by now. Make sure you save them up for later though!
Your disease should be spreading like mad now. When you get the message 'No more healthy people left in the world', you know it's time!
Stage 3: Kill
Step 9. Evolve the following in order:
You should've had enough for all of those because if you popped all the red and orange bubbles and devolved all symptoms you should have at least twice the amount you needed.
Step 11. Evolve
Watch as the last few people hopelessly die. Watch as the screen with the words 'Victory! *your disease name here* has successfully eliminated all life on earth. Watch as you leap up into the air and scream 'YES!!! THANK YOU TERRA VERSO!!!' Drop your device and then realise that it was just Bacteria on Casual.
THIS STRATEGY WORKS ON EVERY DIFFICULTY EXCEPT MEGA-BRUTAL
(as mentioned earlier)This strategy was made by Terra Verso
Works in Casual, Normal and Brutal.
DNA: Cytochrome Surge
Mutation: Genetic Mimic
Stage 1: Infection
Start in Saudi Arabia.
Evolve Bacterial Resilience 1, Bacterial Resilience 2 and Bacterial Resilience 3, Cold Resistance 1 and Cold Resistance 2, Heat Resistance 1 and Heat Resistance 2, and Environmental Hardening in that order.
ONLY DEVOLVE LETHAL SYMPTOMS
Evolve Drug Resistance 2
If at any point people find your disease, evolve as many tier 1 or tier 2 symptoms as you like for that sweet, sweet DNA, and you should also allow all mutations.
Stage 2: Killing
Wait for all countries to have at least 100 people infected.
Watch the world burn.If at any point the cure reaches over 75% completion, evolve the next Genetic Shuffle ability.
This strategy works well on Mega-Brutal difficulty
- Choose Sympto-Stasis, Aquacyte, Catalytic Switch, Genetic Mimic, any environment gene. Start in Saudi Arabia
- Evolve Cysts, Abscesses, Rash, Sweating and Skin Lesions in any order.
- Evolve Coughing, Pneumonia, Sneezing, Hypersensitivity, Insomnia, Paranoia, Nausea, Vomiting and Diarrhoea in any order.
- Evolve Air 1, Air 2, Water 1 and Water 2 in any order.
- Evolve Heat 1, Cold 1, Cold 2, Drug Resistance 1, Necrosis and Drug Resistance 2 in any order.
- When Greenland is infected, evolve Dysentery, Anaemia and any symptom that isn't too lethal.
- When greenland is nearly infected, evolve more lethal symptoms
- Evolve the genetic reshuffles.
Start in Saudi Arabia. It has a major airport and seaport network. However, it is not rich, meaning it will not use medicine. Your disease will also get automatic Heat Resistance 1 and Heat Resistance 2. Coughing and Sneezing are contagious symptoms with little severity. Recommended transmissions are Air 1 and Air 2. Get Cold Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 2, Drug Resistance 1, and Drug Resistance 2, as well as Water 1 and Water 2 once you get to rich, wealthy, cold, and humid countries, such as Europe. At this point, you are good to go. Once Greenland and the rest of the world is fully infected go for lethal symptoms. The most powerful of them should be Total Organ Failure. Once the Cure is around 30%, go for Genetic Hardening 1, Genetic Hardening 2, Genetic ReShuffle 1, Genetic ReShuffle 2, and Genetic ReShuffle 3. And you have eradicated humans.
Strategy for Bacteria
- Author: Blackfriday745
- Difficulty: Brutal, Normal or Casual
- Time: A 99.99% Win Rate.
- Casual: 310-365 Days
- Normal: 375-425 Days
- Brutal: 435-455 Days (Untested)
Genes are not needed but if used in Brutal, Sympto-Stasis and Patho-Stasis are strongly recommended. Aerocyte and Aquacyte will increase your speed, so they are also recommended. It depends if you want to go for Urbophile or Extremophile, and to get this much DNA, Metabolic Jump might also be ideal. Does not work on Mega Brutal.
Part 1: Transmissions
1. Start in Saudi Arabia
4. Evolve the following symptoms once Saudi Arabia is almost fully infected:
Note: If your disease gets noticed, do not worry. Since Severity is not too high the cure will not go that fast.
6. Wait till every country has at least 1 infected, and 80% of the world is infected. (To get to Greenland, make sure the Nordic countries have hit critical mass so they can send infected ships into that seaport. If Greenland closes seaports, restart.)
Part 2: Killing
1. Evolve Necrosis
3. Wait till the whole world is infected. 4.(optional) Go for Dysentery and/or Hemorrhagic Shock
- Note: This might provide too much Lethality. It is not recommended to do so if you do not follow Step 3 and the whole world is not 100% infected.
Part 3: Cure
- Note: After evolving, if Lethality is too high that they kill faster and the whole world is not infected, devolve Total Organ Failure or else you will lose.
2. Wait for the bacteria to unleash armageddon on the world!
If you followed this correctly, you should get at least 3 biohazards out of this. However, this strategy is not recommended in Mega Brutal because of the random medical checks.
The strategy below was made by: SomeRandomPolandBaller
This works in Casual, Normal, and maybe Brutal
- Start in China
- Build to 20 DNA
- Evolve some transmissions like Water I and Air I
- Devolve ANY mutated symptoms
- Build to 50 DNA
- Complete the Water-Air tree
- Build to 20
- Evolve Bacterial Resilience and Drug Resistance
- Wait for the world to be infected, save up to 47
- Then, after the world is infected, evolve all the way up to Total Organ Failure for a cost of 47 DNA
- Build up all you want, evolve any symptoms you like
- Now kill off the world
If you can't complete the Water-Air Tree, build up your DNA again