|"A failure to extend the debt ceiling in the USA triggers a major financial re-balancing. A few countries benefit, but most suffer catastrophic damage to their economics with impacts on healthcare and research capability." - Plague Inc., Sovereign Default introduction paragraph.|
What happens in this scenario?
Most countries have a significantly reduced cure capability. For example, France, the UK and the USA have 10 flasks on a normal game. However, with Sovereign Default, they have 5-6, making cure research funding lower than normal. In a normal game, there are 340 cure bottles, but in this scenario, there are only 282. Some countries do benefit, however, such as Saudi Arabia and China. They have increased research capability, and so, are considered Rich. This makes it highly imperative that Drug Resistance be bought soon after the start of the game to counter this effect, especially when starting in said country.
|Country||Number of Flasks (normal)||Number of Flasks (scenario)||Maximum medical research/day (in thousands of dollars)||Flask amount change|
- The countries that have average economies in the normal game of Plague Inc: Russia, India, Brazil, South Africa, Argentina, Mexico, Korea, Indonesia, Iraq, Libya, Iran, Ukraine, Middle East and Balkan States, are poor countries in this scenario, and their research centers are reduced.
- The countries of the European Union are no longer rich countries. Countries like the United Kingdom, France, Sweden, Finland and Italy, lose the characteristic of being rich countries in this scenario. The same thing also happens with Japan.
- The only countries in Europe that are rich are Norway; because Norway is not part of the European Union; and Germany, because it is the European country with the most riches and great economic stability.
- Saudi Arabia and China in this scenario become rich countries.
- This Custom scenario was created to encourage players to choose a different starting country
|Scenarios in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc. Evolved|
|▪ Artificial Organs ▪ Black Death ▪ Created Equal ▪ Fake News ▪ Flight Club|
▪ Frozen Virus▪ Global Warming ▪ Golden Age ▪ Ice Age
▪ Mad Cow Disease ▪ Mirror Earth ▪ Nipah Virus ▪ Pirate Plague ▪ Santa's Little Helper
▪ Science Denial ▪ Shut Down Everything ▪ Smallpox ▪ Sovereign Default
▪ Swine Flu ▪ Teleportation ▪ Ultimate Board Games ▪ Unknown Origin ▪ Volcanic Ash
▪ Who Cares ▪ Where Is Everyone? ▪ Xenophobia ▪ Custom Scenarios