IG Factbook: "South East Asia is a grouping of countries to the south of China and that border onto the sea to the south. Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam. With the India Ocean to the south, this grouping of counties tends to be impacted by the weather systems this influences and creates. Most Cambodians consider themselves to be Khmers, descendants of the Angkor Empire that extended over much of Southeast Asia and reached its zenith between the 10th and 13th centuries. Thailand was known as Siam until 1939 and is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. The Franco-Siamese Treaty of 1907 defined the current Lao border with Thailand. The conquest of Vietnam by France began in 1858 and foreign involvement in wars only ended in 1973 when US forces were withdrawn following a cease-fire agreement. Burma has been under military dictatorship for decades, a process with is only just beginning to thaw now following protest and pressure."
- Unlike other countries, the city cams shows S.E. Asia remaining relatively calm even as the plague worsens. During widespread disorder or anarchy, the city cam only shows a small peaceful protest with a single policeman standing by.
- In a news headline, it appears that "Sanctions on Burma lifted", this news refers to when the United States ended all sanctions with Burma in 2016. This event is random and has no real impact on S.E Asia.
- In other news, it appears that "Kim and Don livestream Fornite from Singapore", this refers to the 2018 North Korea–United States Singapore Summit. Also, at the time this news was added, it was very popular to do a Fortnite livestream.
- The city cam is located in Thailand, but during its "Widespread Disorder" and "Close to anarchy" statuses, the protest signs are in English instead of its native language. China, Russia, and Brazil also have this same issue.
- In the mobile version of the game, S.E. Asia has a land border with Indonesia because of Malaysia, however in Plague Inc. Evolved they do not have a land border, since Malaysia is split up between the two.
Oddly enough, despite the chaotic nature of some of S.E. Asia and the plague itself, the City Cams of S.E. Asia are surprisingly calm for the most part, in part due to the peaceful and friendly nature of Buddhism and Thai culture in general. S.E. Asia's City Cams are also a lot less cluttered compared to other city cams. The City Cam of S.E. Asia takes place at the Buddhist temple of Wat Chedi Luang, in the city of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Business as usual shows a bright, colorful scene of two Buddhist monks walking together, with trees on either side of the screen and the Wat Chedi Luang in the background.
General Disruption shows the same scene, but now there is a helicopter flying in the sky, while on the ground a line of monks and and a line of other fellow Buddhists are together, with a small group of 3 monks in the background praying next to the temple of Wat Chedi Luang and a monk next to them walking about. The screen is lightly cracked, with a light hue.
Widespread Disorder is where we finally see that the plague is making an impact. There is a group of people angrily peacefully protesting, each with signs and banners that say the following:
- "Help us!"
- "The cure?"
- "Promises aren't cures!"
- 2 signs that say "Cure?"
- Another 2 signs that say "Don't play with our lives!"
- A green sign that reads "Don't play with our lives!"
It seems that the protesters are tired of being manipulated and lied to. There is an officer standing nearby, with his green Jeep in the background. Above his head is the helicopter from the General Disruption cams. In the foreground, there is a man with a backpack eating what is presumably an apple, along with a man 2 feet away with a blue & black cap with a box of possibly masks or tissues. And if you look behind the backpack man, you will see the 2 monks from the Business as usual cams. A man in the background is standing on the rails of the Wat Chedi Luang yelling. The screen is now dirty, scratched, and extremely cracked, with a red hue, however it lacks smoke from a building, something that is common for a City Cam to have.
Finally, in No longer exists, everyone is dead. To the lower right, we see a pile of monk corpses that have plopped onto the ground, along with the bodies of 2 women in jeans and yellow shirts nearby. On the ground, there are strange sticks in the lower center of the screen. In the center of the screen, we see a body of a man limply propped onto a red metal crate, with a hand on his leg. Next to him is a burning pile of tires, sticks, random trash, and the monks from the Business as usual cam (however it seems like it is more of an error than intentional, but the player wouldn't notice in normal gameplay anyway). The entire screen is engulfed in a dreary dark grey, with the camera still being scratched and dirty.
|Countries in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc: Evolved.|
|Afghanistan ▪ Algeria ▪ Angola ▪ Argentina ▪ Australia ▪ Balkan States ▪ Baltic States ▪ Bolivia ▪ Botswana ▪ Brazil ▪ C. America ▪ Canada ▪ Caribbean ▪ Central Africa ▪ Central Asia ▪ Central Europe ▪ China ▪ Colombia ▪ East Africa ▪ Egypt ▪ Finland ▪ France ▪ Germany ▪ Greenland ▪ Iceland ▪ India ▪ Indonesia ▪ Iran ▪ Iraq ▪ Italy ▪ Japan ▪ Kazakhstan ▪ Korea ▪ Libya ▪ Madagascar ▪ Mexico ▪ Middle east ▪ Morocco ▪ New Guinea ▪ New Zealand ▪ Norway ▪ Pakistan ▪ Peru ▪ Philippines ▪ Poland ▪ Russia ▪ S.E Asia ▪ Saudi Arabia ▪ South Africa ▪ Spain ▪ Sudan ▪ Sweden ▪ Turkey ▪ UK ▪ Ukraine ▪ USA ▪ West Africa ▪ Zimbabwe|