Plague Inc. Evolved is a high-definition remake of the widely acclaimed mobile game Plague Inc.. It was brought out of Steam Early Access on the 18th of February 2016. The game is available for $14.99.
It features improved graphics (supports up to 4K), multiplayer, improved statistics and graphs, new achievements, and other exclusive features.
Types of Plagues
- Neurax Worm
- Necroa Virus
- Simian Flu
- Shadow Plague
- Scenario creator is bundled with the main game. iOS and Android users can purchase the Scenario Creator app separately for $2.99.
- 3D world and disease models.
- City Cams - street level images of the world showing disease progression.
- Complete country information - shows history of country along with information aka "factbook".
- Body Scanner - shows how disease evolution impacts the human body. Replaced by MRI in all special plague types.
- End game replays, government priority indicators and new stats/graphs.
- Pity Mode - allows you to unlock the next plague type in Casual.
- Exclusive achievements.
- Steam Workshop compatibility
- Multiplayer (both VS mode and Co-op)
- A plague type can now be unlocked by beating the previous one it on casual if Pity Mode is turned on. Additionally, some more plague types are available from the start.
- Scenarios are available for free unlike the mobile version; however, players still need to beat the Black Death scenario in order to unlock the rest.
- No in-app purchases.
- This game is set in the future, even though it chooses your desktop date or a custom date, because it says that the USA once had Alaska and is now owned by Canada, and the UK leaves the EU (European Union). This means that events like the World Wars, the Crusades, and the succession wars happened.
- Alaska being owned by Canada was a joke made by Ndemic Creations because during development, there was an error that made it impossible for Alaska to be part of the USA.
- The UK leaving the EU is a reference to real life, where the UK has now left the EU.
- In the official launch trailer of Plague Inc: Evolved, it shows that fever were not evolved even though the narrator said the deceased has a high fever. This was later fixed in the future trailers for the consoles.
Plague Inc. • Plague Inc: Evolved