Neanderthal Regression is a symptom exclusive to the Frozen Virus scenario.
- It causes humans to revert to a Neanderthal-like state, resulting in a severe loss of intelligence.
- Fully infected nations will stop contributing to the cure since they are all regressed into Neanderthals.
- This symptom is required for the alternative win condition for the Frozen Virus scenario, which was sending humans back to stone age.
- In order to unlock the symptom, except for previous symptom(s), you also need Full DNA Repair ability.
- It can be considered the Frozen Virus equivalent of the Neurax Worm symptom Transcendence, due to the fact that both can:
- Cripple the cure effort to an irreparable degree.
- Completely destroys human life with the assistance of their previous symptoms by stupefying them.
- Changing the state of government to "total anarchy".
- Can make a "Quick win".
- Unlike Transcendence, it cannot be devolved.
- Sending the humans back to the stone age for the first time will gain the player the achievement Who Needs Brains.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.