The Nano-Virus is a microscopic microbiological nanotechnological nanobot with the ability to replicate itself. It was accidentally released from a laboratory, and now humans are trying to shut it down by broadcasting a "kill-code" that will deactivate the virus. This means that "cure research" (or in this case "kill code broadcast") starts from the beginning of the game. Like all other normal plague types, one must kill all of humanity before the cure, or in this case, the kill code can be broadcasted. This quirk makes Nano-Virus ideal for speed runs.
Nano-Virus is a microscopical robot being accidentally released from a laboratory, causing cure research to begin right after its deployment. To compensate for this, Nano-Virus has lower symptom costs, a Cure requirement 2.5x of other standard plague types and better overall stats.
- Nano-Virus has a disadvantage, which is that it has a low default effectiveness in countries with humid climates compared to other standard plagues.
- If the player uses the "Sympto-Stasis" gene, the symptoms of Insomnia, Paranoia, Paralysis and Coma will not cost any DNA points.
- The Nano-Virus is the standard plague that presents more traits to spread in rich countries, since this type of disease has an extra ability called "Drug Immunity", which makes the Nano-Virus able to resist all modern medicine.
- In addition, the Nano-Virus has a small advantage of +0.1 adaption/effectiveness by default in rich countries.
- In December 2015, Ndemic Creations announced the sale of plush toys inspired by the design of Nano-Virus, Bio-Weapon and Neurax Worm.
Stages of Evolution
- Pribitzer, Tamara (2021-12-08). "Plague Inc. gewinnen: Die besten Strategien". [Winning Plague Inc.: The Best Strategies] Chip (in German) Retrieved on April 22, 2022.
- "Plague Inc. T-shirts and Plush toys now available!" (2015-12-11). Ndemic Creations Official Website Retrieved on April 19, 2022.