Japan is a rich, urban Island Country. It has a balanced climate.
IG Factbook: "In 1603, after decades of civil warfare, the Tokugawa shogunate ushered in a long period of relative political stability and isolation from foreign influence. For more than two centuries this policy enabled Japan to enjoy a flowering of its indigenous culture. Japan opened its ports after signing the Treaty of Kanagawa with the US in 1854 and began to intensively modernize and industrialize. During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Japan became a regional power that was able to defeat the forces of both China and Russia. It occupied Korea, Formosa (Taiwan), and southern Sakhalin Island. In 1931-32 Japan occupied Manchuria, and in 1937 it launched a full-scale invasion of China. Japan attacked US forces in 1941 - triggering America's entry into World War II - and soon occupied much of East and Southeast Asia. After its defeat in World War II, Japan recovered to become an economic power and an ally of the US."
Japan will send and receive airplanes from Canada, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, Egypt, India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Indonesia, Russia, the USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Saudi Arabia, and the UK.
- In this country, the Tokyo Olympic Games take place. The Olympic Games moved from Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo as of an update of 2021. From this event, the player can obtain the achievement "Olympic Spoiler" by using Drug Resistance. In addition, the disease infectivity in Japan will increase after this happens.
- Several news headlines about this country appear in the game, although these are random and have no effect on the gameplay. These are:
- "Report says Japan 'must go nuclear'"
- "Japan avoids fiscal meltdown"
- Australia and Japan in court over whaling
- In the Mad Cow Disease Scenario, there is an achievement that affects the fish markets in Tokyo. This achievement is called the Sushi Crisis.
- In December 2019 the Armageddon expansion for Plague Inc. The Board Game was released, in which Tomorrow's World cards were introduced for some countries, among them, a card was added in which the population of Japan is aging, so there are fewer cities to infect in this country.
- Brueck, Hilary (July 23, 2021). "Plague Inc. creators turned the Olympics into a superspreader event to help players understand the real risk of outbreaks at the games". Business Insider Retrieved on July 26, 2021.
- Nieva, Jason (2019-04-19). "Plague Inc.: The Board Game's Armageddon Expansion Now On Kickstarter". Player.one Retrieved on April 25, 2022.
- "720% funded and 'Ageing Japan' added" (2019-05-03). BackerKit Retrieved on May 3, 2022.
|Countries in Plague Inc.|
|Africa||Algeria ▪ Angola ▪ Botswana ▪ Egypt ▪ Libya ▪ Madagascar ▪ Morocco ▪ South Africa ▪ Sudan ▪ Zimbabwe ▪ Central Africa ▪ East Africa ▪ West Africa|
|Asia||Afghanistan ▪ China ▪ India ▪ Indonesia ▪ Iran ▪ Iraq ▪ Japan ▪ Kazakhstan ▪ Korea ▪ Pakistan ▪ Philippines ▪ Saudi Arabia ▪ Central Asia ▪ Middle East ▪ S.E Asia|
|Europe||Finland ▪ France ▪ Germany ▪ Iceland ▪ Italy ▪ Norway ▪ Poland ▪ Russia ▪ Spain ▪ Sweden ▪ Turkey ▪ UK ▪ Ukraine ▪ Balkan States ▪ Baltic States ▪ Central Europe|
|North America||Canada ▪ Greenland ▪ Mexico ▪ USA ▪ C. America ▪ Caribbean|
|South America||Argentina ▪ Bolivia ▪ Brazil ▪ Colombia ▪ Peru|
|Oceania||Australia ▪ New Guinea ▪ New Zealand|