Game Files HackingEdit
Game Files Hacking was an article dedicated to inspecting and editing game files in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc: Evolved. This included extracting images and audio and videos, extracting code and editing code for specific tasks.
Plague Inc: Evolved from PC file decompilation to PCEdit
- Plague Inc: Evolved is made in unity. A specific unity extractor is needed to extract game files. One such extractor is unity studio, or Asset Studio. Compiling this needs the program called visual studio. These two programs are both free to access. An exe download is available, without need to compile.
- To compile the program, download the zip file in the link, extract the zip file, double click the folder, double click the .sln file, left click solution, right click and left click "build solution". After waiting a while, an exe file should appear somewhere.
- When the program is compiled, click "file", "Load folder" and then select what should be called "PlagueIncEvolved_Data". This extracts all the 3d models, code, audio, text, images, videos in the folder. They can all be extracted and viewed.
Plague Inc. from IOS file extraction to PCEdit
- Ipa file for the game was downloaded from sources not fully trustworthy on the internet. It was turned into a zip file and uniextract was used on it.
- How to convert the code is unknown
Exploits and glitchesEdit
This is supposed to list manipulation of the game's rules
- In Plague Inc: Evolved, the player can save the game just before winning and reload it many times as needed to unlock Genetic Code (exploit)
- In both games, Patho-Stasis, which hinders genetic drift and cost increases for abilities can be used for spore bursts which have a base cost of 1 each (exploit)