GLaDOS Says Hi is an achievement exclusive to the Teleportation scenario.
How to get this achievement?
This achievement can be achieved on Casual Difficulty:
- Play with Parasite.
- Infect as many people as possible before the plague is discovered and people start rushing out to buy portal tickets (about 2.5-3 billion infected).
- TIP: Abilities from the Symbiosis tree will help a plague stay undetected for longer.
- Play on Casual Difficulty.
- Play with Bacteria.
- ATP Boost
- Genetic Mimic
- Start in Saudi Arabia.
- Devolve all mutations.
- Evolve the following:
- Air 1 and 2
- Drug Resistance 1
- Bacterial Resilience 1, 2, and 3
- Drug Resistance 2
- Water 1 and 2
- Cold Resistance 1 and 2
- Extreme Bioaerosol
- Note: It doesn't have to be in the above order. When I tried the strategy I evolved the required transmissions and abilities in a random order. I still got the achievement.
- The popup should appear after you evolve all of these.
- Note: If your disease is discovered, and people are starting to go into portals, the achievement can still be unlocked. I got the achievement even though my disease was discovered. (I don't know why though since I didn't have any symptoms evolved.)
Recommended start: as Parasite on Casual Here's the reason: In this scenario, your priority is to prevent people from escaping to islands by infecting as many people as possible. Therefore, Parasite with Symbiosis ability is a solid choice. You can also use Fungus or Neurax Worm.
Recommended genes: ATP Boost, Base Oxidisation, Aquacyte, Extremophile and Sympto-Stasis.
- Start in Saudi Arabia. Evolve the following traits in order as soon as possible:
- - Symbiosis 1 & 2
- - Rash
- - Sweating
- - Skin Lesions
- - Symbiosis 3
- - Coughing
- - Sneezing
- - Pneumonia
- - Cysts
- - Bird 1
- - Water 1
- - Air 1
- - Cold Resistance 1
- - Drug Resistance 1
- By now, most countries / regions will have infected population and your disease should be spotted. Stupid human beings attempt to teleport to somewhere 'safe'. Sorry, nowhere is safe.
- Sit down, drink some tea and watch people vanish - "Portal attempt in XXX failure".
- This achievement is a direct reference to GLaDOS, the AI manager of Aperture Science and the main antagonist of Val ve Software's 2007 game Portal which is related with teleportation.
- Ironically, Aperture Science has rarely used that kind of technology in-game (save for Borealis, the research ship that vanished in a teleportation incident), as the portals only creates pathways instead of moving something to somewhere instantly.