DarkWater is an origin story exclusive to the Necroa Virus DLC.
Mutation 1.5 introduced the Necroa Virus to Plague Inc., and with it, many new achievements. Three of these achievements revolve around the Necroa Virus being a bio-weapon created by DarkWater, a private military contractor. Non Starter requires that a DarkWater analysis of the disease fail. Dead End requires that DarkWater analyze the disease without finding weakness. Big Bang requires that Darkwater find genetic weakness and introduce the Z-Rest device, only to have it fail. Note that the three achievements cannot be obtained simultaneously, thus it's a good idea to make a game save file and use it to earn the missing achievements rather than starting all over again to save time.
- Start the Necroa Virus in the USA.
- Evolve the transmission Saliva 1 and the ability Drug Resistance 1. This must be done within the first 60 days.
- Wait for a popup message which reads:
- DarkWater 'concerned' for missing geneticist
- The message will show up on exactly the 70th day. If it doesn't you should try again.
- Watch for two red News headlines:
- Darkwater denies containment breach in weapons facility
- DarkWater weapons facility shut down over security fears
- Evolve the symptoms Insomnia, Fever, Photophobia, Delirium and Cytopathic Reanimation.
- Wait for a pop-up message reading:
- DarkWater created <plague name>
- Darkwater is based on a real life American mercenary company named "BlackWater", who has since renamed as "Academi".