Colombia is a poor, rural group of countries. It has a hot, humid climate, and is surrounded by C. America and the Caribbean to the North, and Brazil and Peru to the South. Colombia borders Brazil, Peru, and C. America.
IG Factbook: "Colombia was one of the three countries that emerged from the collapse of Gran Colombia in 1830. A nearly five-decade long conflict between government forces and anti-government insurgent groups (such as FARC) heavily funded by the drug trade escalated during the 1990s. More than 31,000 former paramilitaries had demobilized by the end of 2006 and in the wake of the paramilitary demobilization, emerging criminal groups arose, whose members include some former paramilitaries. The insurgents lack the military or popular support necessary to overthrow the government, but continue attacks against civilians. Large areas of the countryside are under guerrilla influence or are contested by security forces. In October 2012, the Colombian Government started formal peace negotiations with the FARC."
- Ecuador is also mentioned a few times in News reports, although it is part of Colombia in game.
- Among one of the news about Ecuador, it is mentioned that "Spanish galleon found off Ecuadorian coast", this refers to the discovery of the galleon La Capitana Jesús María, which was found on the coast of Punta Carnero, in southern Ecuador.
- There is also a news headline that says "Ecuador offer to rehouse Statue of Liberty".
- The banner hanging on the building in its "Total anarchy" and "No longer exists" states reads "REMEDIAR", which means "To solve" in Spanish.
- It is referred to as "South America Upper" in the game files.
- Both in the PC and mobile version of the game, Venezuela is part of Colombia, due to the size of the country. But in the Board Game, Venezuela is considered another country in South America.
|Countries in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc: Evolved.|
|Afghanistan ▪ Algeria ▪ Angola ▪ Argentina ▪ Australia ▪ Balkan States ▪ Baltic States ▪ Bolivia ▪ Botswana ▪ Brazil ▪ C. America ▪ Canada ▪ Caribbean ▪ Central Africa ▪ Central Asia ▪ Central Europe ▪ China ▪ Colombia ▪ East Africa ▪ Egypt ▪ Finland ▪ France ▪ Germany ▪ Greenland ▪ Iceland ▪ India ▪ Indonesia ▪ Iran ▪ Iraq ▪ Italy ▪ Japan ▪ Kazakhstan ▪ Korea ▪ Libya ▪ Madagascar ▪ Mexico ▪ Middle east ▪ Morocco ▪ New Guinea ▪ New Zealand ▪ Norway ▪ Pakistan ▪ Peru ▪ Philippines ▪ Poland ▪ Russia ▪ S.E Asia ▪ Saudi Arabia ▪ South Africa ▪ Spain ▪ Sudan ▪ Sweden ▪ Turkey ▪ UK ▪ Ukraine ▪ USA ▪ West Africa ▪ Zimbabwe|