IG Factbook: "For centuries China stood as a leading civilization, outpacing the rest of the world in the arts and sciences, but in the 19th and early 20th centuries, the country was beset by civil unrest, major famines, military defeats, and foreign occupation. After World War II, the communists under Mao Zedong established an autocratic socialist system that, while ensuring China's sovereignty, imposed strict controls over everyday life and cost the lives of tens of millions of people. After 1978, Mao's successor Deng Xiaoping and other leaders focused on market-oriented economic development and by 2000 output had quadrupled. For much of the population, living standards have improved dramatically and the room for personal choice has expanded, yet political controls remain tight. Since the early 1990s, China has increased its global outreach and participation in international organizations."
- The airport, seaport, and border links of China, combined with the balanced climate, makes it one of the best countries to start a plague in, rivaled only by Saudi Arabia in sheer potential.
- In a news headline, when it is stated that China's trade deficit has narrowed, it has no actual impact on the progression of the game.
- This country becomes rich in the Sovereign Default Scenario.
- In real life, China is the most populated country in the world, although in Plague Inc. it is the second most populated being passed by India in the game, the reason is that the population of India in the game is made up of several South Asian countries, including Bangladesh, the population of this country is approximately 164.7 million people, which causes the population of India to exceed that of China.
- The location of the City Cam isn't located anywhere in China, instead the picture was taken in the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace, located in Tokyo, Japan.
- Both in the PC and mobile version of the game, Mongolia is part of China. But in the Board Game, Mongolia is considered another cold country in Asia.
- The islands of Hainan and Taiwan do not appear in the PC version due to game limitations as certain small islands are not included in the map.
- According to information provided by Ndemic Creations during the 10th anniversary of Plague Inc, China is the most favorite place to start a disease by most players.
- NdemicCreations (January 30, 2021). "We don't show any small islands anywhere - the game logic can't handle it very well!". Twitter Retrieved on May 20, 2021.
- @NdemicCreations (2022-05-26). "We thought Greenland would be more popular...". Twitter Retrieved on May 26, 2022.
|Countries in Plague Inc.|
|Africa||Algeria ▪ Angola ▪ Botswana ▪ Egypt ▪ Libya ▪ Madagascar ▪ Morocco ▪ South Africa ▪ Sudan ▪ Zimbabwe ▪ Central Africa ▪ East Africa ▪ West Africa|
|Asia||Afghanistan ▪ China ▪ India ▪ Indonesia ▪ Iran ▪ Iraq ▪ Japan ▪ Kazakhstan ▪ Korea ▪ Pakistan ▪ Philippines ▪ Saudi Arabia ▪ Central Asia ▪ Middle East ▪ S.E Asia|
|Europe||Finland ▪ France ▪ Germany ▪ Iceland ▪ Italy ▪ Norway ▪ Poland ▪ Russia ▪ Spain ▪ Sweden ▪ Turkey ▪ UK ▪ Ukraine ▪ Balkan States ▪ Baltic States ▪ Central Europe|
|North America||Canada ▪ Greenland ▪ Mexico ▪ USA ▪ C. America ▪ Caribbean|
|South America||Argentina ▪ Bolivia ▪ Brazil ▪ Colombia ▪ Peru|
|Oceania||Australia ▪ New Guinea ▪ New Zealand|