IG Factbook: "For centuries China stood as a leading civilization, outpacing the rest of the world in the arts and sciences, but in the 19th and early 20th centuries, the country was beset by civil unrest, major famines, military defeats, and foreign occupation. After World War II, the communists under Mao Zedong established an autocratic socialist system that, while ensuring China's sovereignty, inposed strict controls over everyday life and cost the lives of tens of millions of people. After 1978, Mao's successor Deng Xiaoping and other leaders focused on market-oriented economic developement and by 2000 output had quadrupled. For much of the population, living standards have improved dramatically and the room for personal choice has expanded, yet political controls remain tight. Since the early 1990s, China has increased its global outreach and participation in international organizations."
- The airport, seaport, and border links of China, combined with the balanced climate, makes it one of the best countries to start a plague in, rivaled only by Saudi Arabia in sheer potential.
- In a news headline, when it is stated that China's trade deficit has narrowed, it has no actual impact on the progression of the game.
- This country becomes rich in the Sovereign Default Scenario.
- India has more people than China, with India having a population of 1,457,015,015 and China having a population of 1,413,227,603, despite China having more people than India in real life.
- Ironically, the City Cam's location is The East Gardens of the Imperial Palace, which is actually located in Tokyo, the capital of Japan.
- Both in the PC and mobile version of the game, Mongolia is part of China. But in the Board Game, Mongolia is considered another cold country in Asia.
- The islands of Hainan and Taiwan do not appear in the PC version due to game limitations as certain small islands are not included in the map.
- NdemicCreations (January 30, 2021). We don't show any small islands anywhere - the game logic can't handle it very well!. Twitter Retrieved on May 20, 2021.
|Countries in Plague Inc. and Plague Inc: Evolved.|
|Afghanistan ▪ Algeria ▪ Angola ▪ Argentina ▪ Australia ▪ Balkan States ▪ Baltic States ▪ Bolivia ▪ Botswana ▪ Brazil ▪ C. America ▪ Canada ▪ Caribbean ▪ Central Africa ▪ Central Asia ▪ Central Europe ▪ China ▪ Colombia ▪ East Africa ▪ Egypt ▪ Finland ▪ France ▪ Germany ▪ Greenland ▪ Iceland ▪ India ▪ Indonesia ▪ Iran ▪ Iraq ▪ Italy ▪ Japan ▪ Kazakhstan ▪ Korea ▪ Libya ▪ Madagascar ▪ Mexico ▪ Middle east ▪ Morocco ▪ New Guinea ▪ New Zealand ▪ Norway ▪ Pakistan ▪ Peru ▪ Philippines ▪ Poland ▪ Russia ▪ S.E Asia ▪ Saudi Arabia ▪ South Africa ▪ Spain ▪ Sudan ▪ Sweden ▪ Turkey ▪ UK ▪ Ukraine ▪ USA ▪ West Africa ▪ Zimbabwe|