Chernobyl is an origin story exclusive to the Necroa Virus DLC.
Mutation 1.5 introduced the Necroa Virus to Plague Inc., and with it many new achievements. Three of these achievements revolve around the disease originating in animals in the Chernobyl exclusion zone. Hide and Seek requires that special forces abort their mission after being unable to locate carrier animals. Test This! requires that tests on Chernobyl animal fail. Breathe Deep requires that the Chernobyl research lab be compromised.
- Start the Necroa Virus in Ukraine.
- Evolve the Transmissions Zoonotic Shift and Saliva 1. This must be done within the first 70 days.
- Wait for a popup message which reads:
- Chernobyl tourist recovered from animal attack
- The message will show up on exactly the 70th day. If it doesn't you should try again.
- Watch for two red News headlines:
- Chernobyl tour group attacked by wild dogs
- Military deployed in Chernobyl over rabid animals
- Save up 44 DNA points and evolve the symptoms Insomnia, Fever, Photophobia, Delirium and Cytopathic Reanimation.
- Wait for a popup message reading:
- <plague name> 'originated in Chernobyl