Apes are protagonist entities in the Simian Flu.
Apes are primates and viable hosts of the pathogen which, while extremely harmful to humans, has mostly beneficial effects to Apes by increasing their intelligence and granting them various improvements, hence forming a symbiosis between the two.
Unlike Vampires and Zombies, Intelligent Apes are mostly passive and peaceful, usually only responding to human aggression against them instead of promptly attacking everything alive. However, Ape aggression will prompt equally destructive human responses. They are not as powerful as Vampires or Zombies on their own, being weak even with all possible improvements, and hence rely entirely on the pathogen's lethality for them to eventually outnumber humans, rendering them the dominant species on earth.
Apes have 3 main abilities:
- Ape Rampage - The Apes will launch attacks on humans, resulting in increasing infection rates and casualties. If a research facility is present they will only destroy it and rescue any captive apes.
- Organized Travel - Apes located in a country can be moved to other locations and even join with other Ape population. Travel speed can be improved by various augments.
- Create Colony - Apes can form their own communities, living in peace while also protecting each other from human aggression. Colonies generate DNA based on Ape population and, when upgraded, can even attract idle intelligent apes from other colonies. An entire Colony can also be moved via Organized Travel to other locations away from harm.
- Assassin - Apes use stealth to increase combat abilities. Requires Ape Rampage and Primal Awareness.
- Discovery Channel - Apes knowledge of group tactics and enhanced communication skills increase ape transmissions. Requires Primal Hunt and Social Cohesion.
- Fly Magnet - The virus' ability to survive in ape and human excrement increases cross-species transmissions. Requires Hominidae Bridge, Diarrhoea, and Excrement.
- Red Ape Redemption - Apes use guns while on horseback, significantly increasing combat abilities. Requires Weapon Creation and Horseback Riding.
- Rude Awakening - Ape scouts learn to aggressively throw infected feces at other apes increasing transmission. Requires Scouts and Excrement.
Countries by ape population (Total: 644,462)
|Country||Ape Count||Percent of Total Ape Count|