- The majority of the abilities in Simian Flu are ape-related, such as the Ape Colonies and Ape Rampage trees.
- However, there are standard and abilities, such as the normal drug and climate based resistance traits appeared in Simian Flu as well.
- It is advised not to only focus on ape abilities during gameplay due to this can lead to failures.
- In fact, Drug Resistance 1 should be bought before Simian Neuro-genesis in order to infect wealthy countries and reduce cure effort, because you need to kill nearly all of humanity to win the game.
- Another tip is to evolve traits from the Primal Awareness tree, due to the fact that if apes are not hidden, Darwin Squads, drones and Gen-Sys will quickly find them and wipe them out. Over time, this tree should be bought out, although Primal Awareness should be enough before advancing to other trees.
- Cold Resistance 1
- Cold Resistance 2
- Drug Resistance 1 - Pathogen becomes resistant to class 1 and 2 antibiotics. Increase effectiveness in wealthy countries
- Drug Resistance 2 - Pathogen develops resistance to class 3 and 4 antibiotics. Increase effectiveness in wealthy countries
- Genetic Hardening 1 - Pathogen becomes harder to analyse in the lab. Decreases future research speed
- Genetic Hardening 2 - The pathogen does not reproduce in lab conditions. Decrease future research speed
- Genetic ReShuffle 1 - Pathogen DNA strands reassembled. More work needed to develop a cure
- Genetic ReShuffle 2 - A new strain of the pathogen now exists, increasing the work needed to develop a cure
- Hardened Reshuffle
- Heat Resistance 1
- Heat Resistance 2
The unique abilities in this plague type are ape-related, and improve ape abilities in multiple categories. These abilities are the equivalents of all unique symptoms and abilities in the Necroa Virus DLC.
- Ape Colonies - Intelligent apes can come together to build a colony which increases ape transmission, protects and generate DNA
- Ape Migration - Groups of apes will automatically migrate to nearby ape Colonies over time
- Ape Rampage - Apes gain ability to rampage against humans - targeting labs and rescuing captive apes
- Cognitive Shift - Community life stimulates maturation of prefrontal cortex. Increases DNA generated from colonies
- Covert Expertise - Apes monitor human incursions into their territory and camouflage their homes. Significantly reduce likelihood of detection
- Education - Writing and knowledge sharing enables apes in a colony to develop skills rapidly. Increases DNA generated from colonies
- Horseback Riding - Apes able to train and ride horses, significantly increasing movement speed over land
- Logistics - Understanding of logistics lets large groups of apes travel rapidly and efficiently over large distances
- Organised Travel - Apes able to plan and co-ordinate travel together - allowing movement of ape groups over long distances
- Path Finders - Ape path finders help intelligent apes locate and travel to Ape Colonies. Apes will migrate from further away
- Primal Awareness - Apes improve their understanding of human behaviours - reducing the likelihood of being detected by humans
- Primal Hunt - Apes improve understanding of tactics and are able to operate in larger groups - increasing their combat abilities
- Scouts - Ape scouts communicate the location of ape Colonies to other intelligent apes. Apes will migrate from further away
- Seafaring - Apes able to construct rafts to allow co-ordinated travel and migration over large bodies of water
- Simian Neuro-genesis - Modifies simian genes to significantly increase ape intelligence. Irises turn green and no immune response triggered, It's time for apes to rise! (Required for all other unique abilities)
- Social Cohesion - Enhanced communication between apes allows complex social structures to develop. Colonies increase ape transmission
- War Paint - Apes use natural dyes to paint themselves. Reduces likelihood of detection and increases combat abilities
- Weapon Creation - Apes learn to use tools to create melee and projectile weapons - significantly increasing their combat abilities
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.